3 band parametric EQ

Taycron
10+ year member

Since my last post got an overwhelming zero responses I thought I'd try my luck again.

I'm looking at 2 head units (both kenwood because money got tight). One is a regular kenwood that has a bass, mid, and treble controls while the other is an excelon that has a 3 band equalizer.. Are they basically the same thing? I'm not really sure if a 3 band EQ is better or not..

On a Parametric EQ you can adjust the frequency that you increase or decrease the particular band at, (i.e. Bass, Mid, Treble)

same thing.

only difference is the the EQ tells you the frequency in hertz, while the other one just gives you generic names (bass, treble, etc).

HOwever, they may not be the same frequencies. Like it was said above, a parametric eq allows you to set the frequencies and width. I think on most radios 100hz is usually used for bass and about 10khz for treble

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.