3.5" A pillar speaker recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hey all. I have a set of dual 3.5" A pillar pods for my Tahoe. I currently have dual 6.5" Skar FSX6.5 4ohm in each door. Now I am looking for what to put in my A pillars. I plan to put dual 6.5" or 8" in each rear door too. But I havent made pods yet for them. Any help for A pillars would be awesome. I have a Skar 150.4 amp

CDT Audio.
I have pods in my pillars as well, I am running Drok 3" 25w speakers but Im not running them on an aftermarket amp, but the factory bose amp. I have those and a 1" tweeter with a 2.8khz high pass filter in line, and a 5.6khz for the tweeters.

I am going to upgrade to CDT Audio and change my inline filters when I do.
Main thought for replacement...
CDT Audio HD3k

Does anyone know if there is a factory crossover for tweets and door speakers on 07-14 Chevy Tahoe?
Don't know for sure and of course multiple systems went in that auto. That said general rule of thumb for OEM systems is the midbass driver doesn't have a crossover and the tweeter has an inline capacitor (6db crossover) and is crossed pretty high (~5-6khz). Often times the cap is attached to the tweeter.

I looked at wiring diagram in Haynes service manual. The only thing I see that it says goes into I/P Junction block . I assume that "I/P" Is instrument panel. I don't know. I have wanted to redo all speaker wiring in the entire vehicle. With quality wiring Etc. What would be best wire to go with? I was thinking that 14 or 12 GA. Would be plenty enough??

Does anyone know if there is a factory crossover for tweets and door speakers on 07-14 Chevy Tahoe?
I have seen some Bose and Infinity systems have an actual crossover, but not in a Tahoe. Every one I have seen except for a Cadillac have inline covers on the tweets alone. Most of them are 8ohms or higher as well so they can be parallel wired.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...