2nd Battery.

When is your battery at 11V? While resting, while the car is off, or after several minutes of hard playing music?
Spent $109. For a 130 Amp Alternator from Amazon. Free shipping to Hawaii.

I replaced the Honda Alternator DIY saved $500.

Replaced Honda Battery:
Optima Yellow Top.

Thinking I’ll put the yellow top in the back by the Sub. Then a standard cheap one under the hood.

For some reason when I plug my Amp in: DD1500A. 1Ohm. DD712.

The multimeter reads bellow the charging rate. At like 11. So would decently need:
Sensor splitter.
Or a switch to bump off battery when vehicle is off.

The only concern is the fact it’s pure lead.

Is this thing going to expose me to lead?
Is what going to expose you to lead?
The relay?
I’m sure if you looked, the state of Californication has deemed all things to expose you to the risk of cancer.
As long as you don’t use it as a cup to drink from or crack it open and wipe the juice on your face you’ll be fine.

Your other thread made it sound like your amp is connected directly to your alternator and not your battery.

A battery is a storage bank. If you want your power to last longer when the vehicle is off, or need more output in that moment, then you want a second battery.

If your battery voltage is slowly draining, then your alternator is too small.

1500w (and the rest of your vehicle) is fine on one battery, especially a yellow top.

Last edited:
This works. Using a 550Watt RMS Amp. The sub is 600-1800 RMS.

No Battery Draining BS.
Still sounds clean and low.

But DD Amp goes lower and hits better.

This gives me time to play/wait for the opportunity to install a high output alternator.

The purpose is to see if a small Amp could push something heavy.

Maybe 600 Watts RMS could push a 70lb Sub like a Sundown V3? Without clipping??

77093021-584C-4A68-B1D0-51F9489C3FE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...