2nd Battery.

Evyn1

CarAudio.com Recruit
My 130 amp alternator does not work attached to my bass DD 1500A 1ohm.

A “Leisure Battery” charged by the primary battery at a regulated speed.
Might be a suitable way to bypass the cost of an high output alternator.

How would you regulate the Amp charge to the 2nd battery?

Think I could get 30min @ the beach with the (car off). Then charge it driving in around 4hours?

Last edited:
For an scr to work you’d need a functional alternator. It’d likely be trial and needing a jump start to explore ways of not having fully functional charging system.

E4A2290D-62F7-4E45-AD44-341DB97B7306.png

For an scr to work you’d need a functional alternator. It’d likely be trial and needing a jump start to explore ways of not having fully functional charging system.
Didn’t say I didn’t have a fully functioning charging system.

I just don’t have a high output alternator.

Currently I have a new 130 Amp I installed recently.

Last edited:
Works great for me and my 110 a alt
That’s all I needed to hear!

Because what threw me off is when I connected the Amp directly to the Primary Yellow Top the Alternator it read under power 10.98.

Through maybe a big 3 upgrade would magically change the readings. I don’t want to sacrifice 1ohm performance.

I’ll try to use the smart battery isolation.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Because what threw me off is when I connected the Amp directly to the Primary Yellow Top the Alternator it read under power 10.98.

Through maybe a big 3 upgrade would magically change the readings. I don’t want to sacrifice 1ohm performance.

Thanks.
I also have 1/0 awg knuconceptz power wire coming from under hood batt to second batt in cab.from there i also have 1/0 awg to bass amp.big ofc power cable is a must as well as grounds to match.

Thanks.

When is your battery at 11V? While resting, while the car is off, or after several minutes of hard playing music?

A big 3 upgrade isn't that expensive and it'll help with your electrical be essentially more efficient...I'd guess your alternator acts "funny" because you don't have enough storage rather than enough production...

Getting your battery and alternator tested probably wouldn't be a bad idea either...just to know everything's working properly...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...