2ND BATTERY OR H/O ALT?

Stabthrax

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just got my CAB-22 installed on my 2007 300C, using 1/0ga welding cable and I have the big 3 done too, wondering if I should go for a 2nd battery or go ahead and upgrade the alternator? If so what do you guys recommend?
2 SAv2 12s is what I'm running and this is the battery currently in the trunk and a 160amp stock alt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-181920_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-181920_Samsung Internet.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20210616-203308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-203308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20210616-203118_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-203118_Samsung Internet.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 69
Just got my CAB-22 installed on my 2007 300C, using 1/0ga welding cable and I have the big 3 done too, wondering if I should go for a 2nd battery or go ahead and upgrade the alternator? If so what do you guys recommend?
2 SAv2 12s is what I'm running and this is the battery currently in the trunk and a 160amp stock alt
Maybe try a 100ah AGM for the 2nd first and then decide if you need additional support for your electrical. The vets would probably want to know what your entire system consists of to get a better idea. Overall though if you don’t need to get a HO Alt for a daily, I wouldn’t, although I do lol.

Maybe try a 100ah AGM for the 2nd first and then decide if you need additional support for your electrical. The vets would probably want to know what your entire system consists of to get a better idea. Overall though if you don’t need to get a HO Alt for a daily, I wouldn’t, although I do lol.
Umm I'm also running an Audiocontrol Epicenter, but all other speakers are running off the stock "Boston Audio" amp.
Whats a decent 100ah agm? H/o alt looks to be cheaper lol

Umm I'm also running an Audiocontrol Epicenter, but all other speakers are running off the stock "Boston Audio" amp.
Whats a decent 100ah agm? H/o alt looks to be cheaper lol
Personally, I wouldn’t cheap out on something like an alternator lol. My 320A Singer Alt was around $600 Shipped to Hawai’i(which isn’t too bad considering how much I spent on everything else).
The mainland has a lot more varieties when it comes to AGM batteries. The only 100AH I could get my hands on in the islands is a North Star Group 31 but it did a damn good job when I was running a Taramps 2000x4, 1200x4, & 3000x1 in my first system. Eventually some of the vets will chime in with more solid advice but that’s the only one I could personally vouch for. Or just go with a lithium battery 😎

I would go alternator then.
Agreed. Get something that can create/make the power you want instead of just band aiding it with a reserve.

You don't even have to go crazy on the Alt, something like 240A would be a huge upgrade since it's all going to be extra (EX: someone might say "oh that's only 80A more than stock" but in reality if it takes 110A to run the car then your now going from 50 available amps to 130 available amps, you've essentially increased your available power by 2.5x)

Agreed. Get something that can create/make the power you want instead of just band aiding it with a reserve.

You don't even have to go crazy on the Alt, something like 240A would be a huge upgrade since it's all going to be extra (EX: someone might say "oh that's only 80A more than stock" but in reality if it takes 110A to run the car then your now going from 50 available amps to 130 available amps, you've essentially increased your available power by 2.5x)
Whats a decent brand? Ever heard of "jsalternators"?

Probably stupid question but Is the starting battery in a 300c in the trunk.?If not and you already have that battery in your trunk as your second I wouldn’t add the weight of a second battery in your trunk. Just get a 280-320 bolt on alt (sanger, brand x, jsalternators…all brands with high levels of satisfaction from their customers). The powerbastards guy when I talked to him was pretty cool and knowledgeable too. I
Didn’t end up getting an alt for my last car but I felt confident buying from
Them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...