COMPLETED F You Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I’m in the market for a 2k+ Half bridge amp. I know full bridge is the new thing but I love me a half bridge and honestly may wire low in the near future. Eyeing a Sundown SAE 2000 (China I know) but am also looking at an Ampere AA 2000 and an IA 15.1 (wish I could find used). SSA IC2200 also but it is scarce and since covid prices have jumped super high. Anything?

I’m in the market for a 2k+ Half bridge amp. I know full bridge is the new thing but I love me a half bridge and honestly may wire low in the near future. Eyeing a Sundown SAE 2000 (China I know) but am also looking at an Ampere AA 2000 and an IA 15.1 (wish I could find used). SSA IC2200 also but it is scarce and since covid prices have jumped super high. Anything?

Just got through installing an Ampere 2K this morning in an Australian built G8. It is powering 2- 12's in a 4th order blow through (back seat armrest hole). It powered the 12's with no problem and less than half gain. It was also very cool to the touch, like it wasn't even on. Stock electrical with lithium battery. The Ampere 75.4 four channel was much warmer. I would like to get one if I had the room. The Sundown SIA 3500 is supposed to have the Korean SALT board. Just a thought. Sundown is supposed to be dropping more options in the SIA line very soon. I grabbed an SIA 3500 due to space limitations.

20210413_063002.jpg
20210413_062932.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. Yeah those Amperes are on my short list. IA is expensive but they are proven below one ohm so that is an option too

I'm partial to the Deaf Bonce AAK amps myself. If the 2000 watter performs like my 4K did it should be a beast. I ran the thing at .5 daily wthout any problems in Az. And clamped as high as 3600w once.
It barely got warm.

IA is expensive but they are proven below one ohm so that is an option too
Those and DDM1 are known to be under-rated and low impedance high voltage "cheater" applications.

With Wolfram gone there's probably going to be another up and comer selling the Korean lineup for a price that'll ensure they're not in business longer than a year or two very soon so perhaps something will come up if you drag your heels a little while.

Kicker released a 2400W amp recently that looks pretty sick but IIRC it was priced quite high.

Not sure of Soundqubed still makes a 2200W model but their amp in that tier has always been a solid value.

SQ does still sell the Q1-2200.2 for $398. I looked at the brutal but yeah too much for used. Same with SSA IC2200. I’m to the point in my life where I’d rather spend $550 for IA because of the wiring in the dirt and lasting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...