23-2700 watt Fiberglass sub box recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rcn11thacr

Scouts Out!
USA
If you were building a sealed box which was intended to withstand between 23-2700 watts of power, how thick would you make the box?

This will be holding a single sub. My understanding from various manufacturers of sub makers, using a sealed box w/ a single 10 inch sub, @1 cu ft, with 600 watts = 1/4 inch if the box material is fiberglass.

What do the experts say or think?

You aren't putting a 2700 watt sub in a small sealed fiberglass enclosure bro. Or at least I hope not but if for whatever reasons then just do the math. 2700/600=4.5. .25x4.5= 1.125

Hah, maybe I didn’t clarify that. I’m not planning on putting this in a ‘small’ box. My goal is to use the strongest box material possible so I can have shave the overall wall thickness of the box. Fiberglass being much stronger than MDF, etc, I can have more room inside the box for the sub. I have limited space available that I wish to make use of so I want to maximize the interior size of the box. Make sense?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...