22’ Ram 1500 - sub recommendations, 8’s or 10’s?

Daryl rsv4

SoCal
Picked up a new Ram 1500 Rocky ridge this week and looking for sub recommendations.

Reached out to a local box builder and he told me it’s the only truck he doesn’t build a box for. Not sure why? Will probably need a pre fab box.

It has the Alpine system but but will be replacing the 6 X9’s in the doors. Not sure with what yet.

Also not sure what amps I’ll be running. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.

Would like to stick to around $300 per sub. Listen to mostly Rap, reggae, some metal.
Might just keep the Factory Alpine 6X9’s in the rear doors and put some nice comps in the front doors. Doors definitely need sound deadener.

foxacoustics.com makes boxes for bigger/deeper subs if you're trying to go above average. I have one with 2 12" sundown sav2's and I have no complaints.

I actually found them after I posted the video above. More than likely I’ll be going with the Fox acoustics 10’ ported.

Since I posted this thread, I picked up 2 CT Sounds Tropo XL 10’s.

This reminds me of when I placed two 10” subs under the rear seat of my old Dakota Quad cab. The girls really liked to sit in the back for some reason. 🤔

gatelyaudio.com Bobbys designs are thoroughly tested and sound great! He said Fox Boxes are great too. especially for the cost. He actually said he had to work very hard to get his Ram box to perform better than the Fox box.

Why not a stealth box? Planning one for my truck. Unless I’m missing something love the low key look the Rocky Ridge already attracts enough attention lol. Congrats on the new truck! Post some pics👍

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...