2020 GMC Sierra SLT install

Participant count
  • Participants list

wirenut495
10+ year member

wirenut495
So I would like your guidance/knowhow to build a system for my 2020 GMC sierra bose/buckets
so my question is do I buy a DSP stand-alone and buy 4-channel and a 2-channel amp for my system or buy it all in one
my plan is Morel 6x9 comp in the front doors tweets in the dash, Morel 6.5 coax in the rear doors( or 6.5 comps) kind of on the fence here
for the subs, I was thinking of the JBL Fuse ( the breakaway twin subwoofers that go under the seat) under driver and passenger
these are only the ramblings of an old skool music lover( the days of the Alpine V12 and org Rockford "Punch45") most underrated amp ever produced

please give me some guidance or point at the pier and say "yes walk this way "

Thanks,
Sam (the cat in the hat)

Attachments

• IMG_6763.JPG
    IMG_6763.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
I owned V12 amps when they first came out and wasn't impressed.

There are some nice options these days for amps with built in DSP which would simplify install a fair bit and cost-wise they'd probably come out around the same as outboard DSP and comparable quality power so I see no reason to not shop out those first provided you don't have some compelling reason to separate.

I have only ever once heard a car with tweeters up on the dash loading off the windshield that I thought sounded good so I'd suggest try to mount the tweets anywhere else or at least have a plan B if you can't make them sound good. I'd also recommend against wasting money on the rears. That also almost never helps in having a good soundstage and typically your money will be better spent in improving the location of your fronts or buying into a higher quality component for those.

Have reasonable expectations about under-the-seat subwoofers, or pretty much anything you can stuff into a small space. Should be able to keep up with your fronts but don't expect to beating down the block if you can't figure out how to come up with closer to 4 cubic feet gross for a box.

thank you for the insight, I was looking at audio control for the DSP and really didn't have anything in mind for the others( I have a brand new eclipse 4a1000 never hooked it up from yrs back and a set of infinity references) but I'm thinking maybe I should just go with the audio control D6.1200 6 channel with dsp on board anyone know good or bad on Morel? i don't know the name but all the reviews are off the chart
please advise

So I would like your guidance/knowhow to build a system for my 2020 GMC sierra bose/buckets
so my question is do I buy a DSP stand-alone and buy 4-channel and a 2-channel amp for my system or buy it all in one
my plan is Morel 6x9 comp in the front doors tweets in the dash, Morel 6.5 coax in the rear doors( or 6.5 comps) kind of on the fence here
for the subs, I was thinking of the JBL Fuse ( the breakaway twin subwoofers that go under the seat) under driver and passenger
these are only the ramblings of an old skool music lover( the days of the Alpine V12 and org Rockford "Punch45") most underrated amp ever produced

please give me some guidance or point at the pier and say "yes walk this way "

Thanks,
Sam (the cat in the hat)

An under the seat box is your best choice without destroying the truck. 4 - 8's or 4 - 6-½'s will fit just fine. You might have to do a 2" seat lift to get the right amount of airspace for 4 -8's. You probably wouldn't need it for 4 - 6-½'s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...