2020 Ford Expedition Amplifier Power Cable Routing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bisquick

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, looking for some confirmation on my power cable route.

I'm thinking of mounting the 30A fuse on top of the fuse box cover, then routing the cable up under a ridge in the rear of the engine compartment, as shown the blue line below. I'll drop into this large rubber gromet which has a wire harness already running into it. Does anyone see an issue with any of this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• InkedIMG_5903_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_5903_LI.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 138
Looks okay to me. Similar to what I did. Fortunately, I had a large rubber grommet on the passenger side. I used cable ties to secure the wire to keep it from moving around.
What size wire are you using? Make sure your fuse is appropriate for your wire size.

okay, thanks. I have a 10ga OFC cable and 30A fuse. I'm all good there, just want to make sure the routing of the cable is okay. I'm also planning to use the black cable cover (I forget the name) and cable ties to secure it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.