2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rockford Fosgate DSR1 and JBLDSP4086 combination

Drewmac

CarAudio.com Newbie
To add an aftermarket amp/amps to my Jeep I need to use the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 (or equvalent). The amp I want to use is the JBLDSP4086. Both have DSP capability. Do I just turn off the DSP in one of them so they do not conflict? If so which on do I not use?

Limited with factory 6 speakers. I like the amp cause it is an 8 way and I can add a sub. The DSR1 looks to be mandatory if you want aftermarket subs.

Actually my question is more about having 2 "smart" Digital signal processors in line with each other. The DSR1 is a digital signal processor and the amp has one built in as well. What I want to know is do I use both digital signal processors or just one of them and "disable" the other to avoid cross contamination of signal processing? The DSR1 comes with a Jeep specific wiring harness to interfaces the system with the stock radio.

I put the DSR1 in my 2019 Ram. I opened up the amps...crossover set to all pass. I chose to use the DSR1 DSP. DSR1 will allow you to go the opposite route. Chose one, but not both.

You only need the DSR1 DSP if you intend to run low level (RCA) to the new aftermarket amp. If you go speaker level then you would not need the DSR1. In that case you would use the DSP on the Amp...obviously...

Thanks for the info. I was in a quandary on which way to go. Both the DSR1 and the amp have neat DSP capabilities. I will go with the DSR1 and disable the DSP in the amp. I am going low level so it shoukd be pretty easy.

Actually my question is more about having 2 "smart" Digital signal processors in line with each other. The DSR1 is a digital signal processor and the amp has one built in as well. What I want to know is do I use both digital signal processors or just one of them and "disable" the other to avoid cross contamination of signal processing? The DSR1 comes with a Jeep specific wiring harness to interfaces the system with the stock radio.
You got a harness with it? I just bought a dsr1 off some random FB guy. I got a 04 grand Cherokee. I cant get it very loud. I just ran the head unit preouts to it then to the amps. But to answer your question I would disable 1 of them. My friend has the same amps I do with crossovers built in then had a Sony crossover plus the head units cross over. He had endless tuning issuses. Im not familiar with the dsr1 yet but adding 2 of the same thing usually has them fighting each other because odds are even with duplicate settings they Wont be exactly the same especially with one feeding into the other. Hope that helps and is the dsr1 supposed to be in the dash? Mines on my amp rack atm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.