2019 Chevy Spark, Advice Please

DougCrawford

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello!

I just bought a new 2019 Chevy Spark, and was surprised to find that there are grilles for rear speakers, but no speakers or wiring there. I guess the 4 speaker system is the two small tweeters up by the windshield, and the 2 6.5” in the front doors. I haven’t shopped for car audio equipment in about 20 years, and would like to replace all the speakers. I would like to cap the price around $300 for all 4 speakers. Maybe a little higher if the quality justifies the cost.

For sound quality, I like clarity over all- bass is nice but I don’t need anything booming, and I know I wouldn’t get it with just 6.5s anyways. I do listen to a lot of electronic music so something that does have a good mid to low range would be nice.

I’m guessing adding the rear speakers would be challenging without getting a new receiver, and I wouldn’t want to replace the touchscreen it came with, is it worth looking into adding them on?

Please let me know what speakers you would recommend- thanks very much!!

if your not gonna put an amp on the "new" speakers your prolly gonna be disappointed....from my experience using a factory HU with aftermarket speakers doesnt give very positive results(unless factory speakers are thrashed/old)...my wife has a 2017 spark and i think it sounds fairly decent for what it is.....i wouldnt waste my money on new speakers with a factory HU....but thats just my opinion....you would prolly get better results by just adding deadening/mlv in the doors with the factory speakers

Yea I know- the return policy is that I can find another new car for under $200 a month. Just trying to make the best out of what I have. I would be willing to add an amp on the new speakers. I’ve done tons of home/studio/club audio work as a DJ, but very little in cars, so I don’t really know what I’m getting into here. Can I get decent sound out of just some tweeters and front 6.5”?

depends on what you consider decent....just adding new speakers is prolly gonna make it sound worse....just deadening the piss out of the doors and all panels will make more of a difference, those sparks have zero noise dampening anywhere! i can hear every rock/ bump on the road through the floor when i drive my wifes....i have yet to add any deadening/mlv (f*ck her anyway....she wouldnt notice the difference)

Last edited:
research it....plenty of info out there about the topic....its all trial and error, but i honestly dont think swapping speakers will make much difference if any

My sister has a 2016 Spark. it has been too the dealership nine times in 40000 miles for repairs. Two of which were for new transmissions. I honestly wouldn’t spend a cent on upgrades til I drove it for awhile and saw that the car was going to last.
Remember that the Spark is nothing but a Daewoo with a bow tie glued to it.
Sorry.

Damn, super glad this is the spot to come for feedback on car selection too:). Doug, here’s a solution that you might be able to pull off for around 300. Your speaker layout on your spark may not be that complex like all the 10+ speakers systems that are powered by separate factory amplifiers. That said, if you can confirm my statement Accurate you can Grab a 4 channel amp with speaker level inputs, perhaps a gm-d8704. You could then use the front channels for front tweeters and the rear channels for midbass driver. That amp has an out too that you can use to add subs later. Front stage focus will keep you from having to do a ton of sound treatment other than front doors.

My advise, is to Never buy a piece o **** GM vehicle again! I have a friend with one of those...it’s been in the shop more then it’s been on the road! I also Know someone who had a 2019 Equinox....that had the spawn of satan in it!
That pile would go haywire (power seats would try to crush you as you were driving, windows up, down, up, down)...it was insane!
Out of 12 computers, 6 were fried!
The GM dealer put a do not sell, crush order on it....lol! With GM....it’s all about giving themselves awards, and their “initial quality” lol.

I've got a 2017, threw an audiocontrol lc7i & two pair of Focal ps165 v1 expert components powered off a 4 channel excelon amp. To each is own, & I'm not making claims as to the quality of the sound being something special.. but it's without question better than the stock was in the opinions of anyone who experienced both

Worth mentioning I added a bit of sound deadening as well. To most it's probably not worth bothering with these cars at all, but it's my time & commuter so why not

I get it- not everyone likes the vehicle choice. Any suggestions on the audio equipment?
I got the premium package from the factory which for me personally isn't that bad out curiousty did mess with the back door speakers at all mainly want to know there size
Personally drove my 2019 spark to 39k with just regular maintenance so...
I do eventually plan changing on them when inevitably blow by turning the bass on the head unit all the way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.