2019 Audi A5 Sportback

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChicagoNB

CarAudio.com Newbie
Good afternoon all. Newbie here so please go easy on me! LOL

Here's my dilemma and I'm hoping the knowledge here can help out. This year I got a new to me '19 A5 Sportback. It has the B&O surround sound system. I have significant hearing loss in my left ear and mild loss in my right ear. The audio setup in the A5 has a bunch of speakers in the windshield but none in the rear window. For me, all I hear when listening to the system is the sound coming off the front windshield. The speakers in the rear doors are mostly blocked by the front seats. What I'm missing is a speaker(s) in the rear window to balance out the sound coming from the front. The rear ledge is a removable thin ledge. I'm trying to find a speaker(s) that are very shallow and can be mounted on that ledge. The reason it needs to be low profile is that I don't want to snag the bottom of the speakers on anything going in and out of the trunk. The ledge is removable when you want to lay the seats down to haul larger items and I would like to keep that ability by having a quick to remove connection.

My apologies if this has been discussed before and if it has, please point me to it and I will read up. It's not that the sound is inadequate. It is just spacially I'm missing sound coming at me from the rear of the car to balance the sound coming from the windshield. To give an illustration of what I experience, remember those old Memorex commercials where the guy is sitting in his chair. He turns on the tape and it blows his head and hair back. That's the sensation I get. I need to figure out a way to get more sound from the rear to reblow my hair back forward. Or am I too old and no one knows that commercial. LOL

Thanks in advance!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...