2017 Chevy Cruze Sedan w/Stock Bose System. Replacement rear deck "Subs"? 6x9?

Participant count
  • Participants list

all_bran

CarAudio.com Newbie
Both the stock rear speakers are blown from what I can tell. One the wire harness came off and has been bouncing around slowly cutting the tinned lead going into the speaker and will be too big of a PITA to fix. So I've been looking to replace them... but it appears these things are "subs"? I like very bassy music so I'm looking to replace them with the most bassy thing I can find that will fit easily and not require an amp. Suggestions on something that will just drop in? I THINK it's a 6x9, but it's in this weird plastic cradle thing with non standard holes, and Crutchfield says to replace it with round full range speakers... so now I'm confused... Thoughts or suggestions to help clear it up for me?

It just means a a full range speaker driver vs a component set or something dedicated like a a subwoofer. You will probably have to do use the speaker harness connectors from the old speaker to clip right in or see if meta makes harnesses. Also, the plastic mounting piece may be one of those single screw brackets in which case you’re going to have to figure out how to connect that bracket to a new driver. I doubt that you have front and rear equalization capabilities at the speaker level so your statement about liking a lot of bass doesn’t greatly impact what you can connect to factory equipment. I would focus on getting something that matches the impedance (ohms) and has good sensitivity so it can move despite having low factory amplifier power to it. Maybe try something cheap first then seek more expensive alternatives if you aren’t satisfied. Anything’s better than blown. Example below.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.