2015 Tacoma Kenwood DMX906S No CAMERA HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

2015tacoma

CarAudio.com Newbie
Here’s a little background

2015 Tacoma 6 Speed Manual
NON JBL
Factory Backup Camera
Kenwood DMX906s
iDatalink Maestro RR
HRN-RR-TO1
I have very little experience prior to this install, but I did a lot of research beforehand to make sure it was done correctly..

I even managed to make this head unit work with the factory dash!! No dash kit needed! (very simple, will work excellent with 6.95-7.95 inch screens)

As for the install..everything works great!!..except the back up camera.

iDatalink instructions were followed and correct wires were connected from the factory harness.
Ground-Sheild
Blue/yellow-Black
Yellow-Red
Brown-White

When I shift to reverse, the stereo makes no attempt to switch to camera (camera interruption setting, camera assignment settings, etc. tried just about everything)

The maestro provides information from the OBD2, and according to the on screen information, my truck is always in drive and cannot detect when it’s in park or if the e-brake is engaged.

I’m sure this has to due with the fact I have a manual transmission, but before I tear out the radio (plan to reflash the maestro and update firmware on Kenwood anyway)...

I need help!!! I am limited on garage availability in northeast PA, so when I do this I want to get it done with as much ease as possible!! What am I doing wrong?

I'm not familiar with the idatalink, however most set ups use the reverse light as the trigger signal to radio/ camera. Is that how it's wired? Your reverse light should trigger it so it shouldn't matter if it's a manual transmission or not. If that's how it's wired I'd get a multimeter and check for voltage with the reverse light on first.

it integrated factory systems such as steering wheel controls, xm, backup camera (if done correctly) also provides information on screen for OBD2 sensors (tires, fuel economy, rpm, speed, temps, 0-60, and a plethora of others

@fithwheel

it integrated factory systems such as steering wheel controls, xm, backup camera (if done correctly) also provides information on screen for OBD2 sensors (tires, fuel economy, rpm, speed, temps, 0-60, and a plethora of others

@fithwheel
Yeah just saying I'd get a multimeter and check for voltage first. See if everything is getting voltage when it's triggered.

Here’s a little background

2015 Tacoma 6 Speed Manual
NON JBL
Factory Backup Camera
Kenwood DMX906s
iDatalink Maestro RR
HRN-RR-TO1
I have very little experience prior to this install, but I did a lot of research beforehand to make sure it was done correctly..

I even managed to make this head unit work with the factory dash!! No dash kit needed! (very simple, will work excellent with 6.95-7.95 inch screens)

As for the install..everything works great!!..except the back up camera.

iDatalink instructions were followed and correct wires were connected from the factory harness.
Ground-Sheild
Blue/yellow-Black
Yellow-Red
Brown-White

When I shift to reverse, the stereo makes no attempt to switch to camera (camera interruption setting, camera assignment settings, etc. tried just about everything)

The maestro provides information from the OBD2, and according to the on screen information, my truck is always in drive and cannot detect when it’s in park or if the e-brake is engaged.

I’m sure this has to due with the fact I have a manual transmission, but before I tear out the radio (plan to reflash the maestro and update firmware on Kenwood anyway)...

I need help!!! I am limited on garage availability in northeast PA, so when I do this I want to get it done with as much ease as possible!! What am I doing wrong?
This may be a dumb question but did you turn on the backup camera in the menu of the deck ? It can be turned on or off and if not on it won’t work . Let me know if this helps .

My theory is check the simple first before the complicated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.