Central Region 2013 in Oklahoma

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
There where two kids(19 tops) there doing the judging. Sorry dudes, there's only a handful of people I respect enough that judge that I would actually pay to critique my system.

There where two kids(19 tops) there doing the judging. Sorry dudes, there's only a handful of people I respect enough that judge that I would actually pay to critique my system.
I understand that. I know Ralph doesn't send out much for SQ judges to IFO shows normally since the turn out is low for SQ. I just happen to live here and typically am there most of the time.

Side note, I'm going to see if Tony want's to bring out his FJ for it. I don't know if it will be full powered, but should be able to at least demo it some.

Everyone in our group but one, could care less about SPL stuff. If all of us showed up and competed, there be around 20 of us.

Everyone in our group but one, could care less about SPL stuff. If all of us showed up and competed, there be around 20 of us.
Just let me know if anyone ever wants to go to a local USACi show. Even if you want a different judge I can pull some strings and get another SQ judge other then me.

By 'metering' do you mean mic location - or how MWSPL actually measures power output (versus a ridiculous 4-ohm manufacturer rating?)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

First week of May - there's a 3-show weekend in northern Oklahoma:

May 3rd - Performance Audio in Enid

May 4th - Rock N Rumble in Altus

May 5th - Aho Audio in Guthrie

Many of the guys who did MECA and MW SPL last year are running USACi this year as they said they were not found of the metering methods of MECA or MW SPL. I'm sure some will still show just less in the lanes is all. I don't think AHO is doing much if anything with USACi this year, at least not to my knowledge anyway. I'm still trying to decide how involved with shows I will be this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was refering to mic location. Most everyone likes the clamp idea. Again though, this is just what I was told by various people...not my views... I don't care what org anyone competes in...as long as you are having fun doing it.

There's a MWSPL contest May 25th at Car Toys in Tulsa from 10-4.
Looking forward to this one. I would think Tulsa would have more events. I try and get things pretty reasonable off Craigslist and the amount of car audio for sale in Tulsa is crazy for being a relatively small city. People love it! A lot of shops have opened up too (although most are worthless).

When I was pushing shows I tried many times to get more in Tulsa. In the end most shops wanted nothing to do with any organizations shows.
I wonder why? That would seem like a good way to get people into the shop. And the cost of putting one on can't be that significant.

I believe Car Toys has 3 shows on the calendar in Tulsa//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
They backed out of several shows including a charity show that I backed away from to allow them to sponsor. I'm sure they have their reasons and thoughts behind it though.

With that said, I am making a new thread shortly to promote the charity show in Tulsa this month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.