2007 Infiniti M45 Stock 8 Speaker Bose System

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sodabiscut

CarAudio.com Newbie
New to the forum here. I have the 8 speaker Bose system. From what I have been able to dig up is that the front components are 2ohm, the rear coaxali's are 2ohm, the sub is 2ohm, and the 3.5" in the front dash I'm not sure of (either 2ohm or 4ohm) The amp is a two channel and 284 watts. I'm wanting to keep the factory head unit because it also controls all the other goodies. (CD info, AC info, AM/FM info, MPG...etc) My first hunch is to just install some new quality speakers and see if that clears/cleans things up and adds some bass. If I bypass the factory Bose amp, then it screws up the head unit because from what I've been able to find, everything goes through that amp. QUESTION: would I be able to add a separate mono amp with a new sub? would it be as simple of just snipping the wire at the existing sub and adding the new amp/sub? Realizing there is other wiring to be done as well.
Anybody on here have any experience with Bose system in an Infiniti? Would love to hear how you handled it and what you did?
Thanks!!!

I just finished doing my 2015 Q50 with the Bose. Mine is a 14 speaker though
For now all I did was add a sub
I used a Fosgate 360.3 and tapped into the the speaker wires coming off the amp that lead to the woofers and did a fuse tap for the remote wire.
You can use any line out converter but I suggest you look for one that has a higher RCA preout voltage
Something like this would do
https://www.visions.ca/product-deta..._10_volt_line_driver?categoryId=418&sku=LINK2
If the M45 are anything like the Q50's then there is a strut brace in the trunk that kind of makes it a pain in the ass to fit subs in so you might be limited in how big of a box you can put in.
Here is a link to mine
https://www.caraudio.com/threads/2015-infiniti-q50.607606/

Another thing I would love to know about this Bose system is if it's a 284 watts amp, how many watts are going to the sub, and how many are going to the other speakers? Infiniti dealership has no idea and Bose won't tell me...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.