2007 Hummer H3 stock radio no sound/door chimes

Participant count
  • Participant list

buckwheat42

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all! I recently purchased a 2007 H3 with the stock Delco radio with 6 disc changer. It worked up until
two weeks ago when we had a bad rain and flooded the passenger side floor board, and I believe that whole side
of the dash got wet. Now the radio turns on and functions properly aside from having no sound and door chimes
are silent as well. I checked all the fuses for damage and continuity and found no issues. I did do a parasitic draw
test and the radio seems to be pulling 1.75 amps with the car off, doors closed, and key out. This problem is also
intermittent. When I hook up the multimeter, I get that reading of 1.75 amps, but after 5-10 seconds, it reduces to 17 milliamps, which I believe is acceptable. Does anyone know what I should test next and how? I have a multimeter, a tone generator/wire tracer and lots of time.

Water or moisture on any Electronics is never a good practice nor a great out come of operating correctly . If you want to keep that same unit, Id recommend looking at a Salvage yard for plug and play. They usually pull them out when wrecked vehicles come in and store in a dry place

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...