2005 GMC Sierra with Bose aftermarket head unit install.

Participant count
  • Participant list

saft999

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
I bought a PAC RP5-GM11 to use in installing an aftermarket head unit. The install video I found showed using the RP4-GM11 harness. That harness had four RCA outputs to hook to the Bose amp. The RP5-GM11 harness only has two. From what I'm guessing I should be able to put the two RCA plugs from the PAC harness into the input of the head unit and then run four RCA plugs out of the stereo to the Bose amp. Should this work or do I need to get the RP4-GM11 harness?

Edit: I just found this on PAC's site:
  • Retains factory BOSE and premium Bose audio systems (does not support fading)

So I'm guessing those two RCA's were meant to plug into the Bose amp, not into the aftermarket head unit?

Maybe I'm over thinking this. It only mentions plugging in the RCA to the radio if you want factory chime's. So I'm guessing since it has an "amplified" connector section on the module that I don't need to plug anything into the Bose amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...