IMG_0192.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    975 KB · Views: 23
Here's a few more pics of the system as it stands now. I bought some q-forms and replaced the kicks that I built. The carbon fiber Dayton's were a bad choice so I replaced them with a pair of Eminence sealed back midrange. They are a bit bright and need some burn in but wow what a difference. I added about 2 lbs. of non hardening modeling clay to the back of each one as well a layer of sound deadening.
IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

I've also taken the subs out of the front doors and put in a 10" midbass from SB Acoustics. Right now they are on deck power and are crossed at 500 hz with a 12db slope. Great little midbass. I need to get some better photos but here is a shot of the door.
IMG_0304.JPG

As you can see I have also gotten a tablet as a media/storage player. (11" Kindle Fire) Here is a few deck settings for those that are curious
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG

I got some new seat covers as well. They had a lot of stains and it was driving me crazy.
IMG_0324.JPG

I still need to replace the carpet. I want to put the 10" subs in the cut carpet area. They will vent directly into the frame rail. I also started building a glove box sub so here are a few photos of that...
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
BMHX1448.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG

Notice the seams for the midbass enclosure dont match the doors. Yeah, were going to fix that.

I have a couple of new 18" subwoofers from incriminator Audio coming in a few weeks so that is exciting

Here's a few more pics of the system as it stands now. I bought some q-forms and replaced the kicks that I built. The carbon fiber Dayton's were a bad choice so I replaced them with a pair of Eminence sealed back midrange. They are a bit bright and need some burn in but wow what a difference. I added about 2 lbs. of non hardening modeling clay to the back of each one as well a layer of sound deadening.View attachment 53244
View attachment 53245
I've also taken the subs out of the front doors and put in a 10" midbass from SB Acoustics. Right now they are on deck power and are crossed at 500 hz with a 12db slope. Great little midbass. I need to get some better photos but here is a shot of the door.
View attachment 53246

As you can see I have also gotten a tablet as a media/storage player. (11" Kindle Fire) Here is a few deck settings for those that are curious
View attachment 53247View attachment 53248View attachment 53249View attachment 53250

Here's a few more pics of the system as it stands now. I bought some q-forms and replaced the kicks that I built. The carbon fiber Dayton's were a bad choice so I replaced them with a pair of Eminence sealed back midrange. They are a bit bright and need some burn in but wow what a difference. I added about 2 lbs. of non hardening modeling clay to the back of each one as well a layer of sound deadening.View attachment 53244
View attachment 53245
View attachment 53246

View attachment 53247View attachment 53248View attachment 53249View attachment 53250
That looks Badd Azzz man. Awesome Build here. Down to Detail too. Like it!!

So, yeah. Here's some new ****...yo I’m pretty much only on instagram now with the build updates so I’m sorry for the late reply. Thank you audiobaun.
I've had the weekends off for the last month so I've had a blast working on the car. I'm midway through two projects right now. The first is the glove box subwoofer and the second is the 2 15" midbass. I’ve tried to build the latter a couple times but I didn’t like the way it came out. Let's get started..
I started out using an sonotube and wanted to attach a baffle to it but it was going to need a ton of materials to make it work so I decided to do a stack fab instead. Shits expensive either way.
E41AD1E7-9191-41B8-8515-C589BDBFD0E3.jpeg

3F69D80D-DCDC-49A6-B60B-D44812C4D406.jpeg
5984E17A-6E60-41F3-A7A2-0C13161ABA75.jpeg

It’s around 2 cu. ft.+ and has around 3 lbs. of polyfill along with egg crate foam and deadener in the following photos.
BC05AEC6-B8D6-45FF-AE4E-681D5AD05284.jpeg
A45045C9-F5D7-40BB-A453-F327858B4459.jpeg
581637AF-CA94-460D-860B-FF118231EBB4.jpeg

The green is floral foam from a previous fabrication. I came to this idea in the moment for the enclosure so I was just innovating as I went. I spent some time making templates to match the contours of the car using some mdf and soft pine. Hodgepodge, but it is a cover panel for the enclosure and will be covered in fabric so no biggie.
B31054A1-0000-4766-86A3-989D6D59F5AF.jpeg
73803734-B3D8-4C26-B321-113CD60A36EF.jpeg
1497F44B-0900-4064-993A-0E91F6C3DD54.jpeg

That’s where I’m at right now. I’m going to spend the weekend molding it to the panels and getting it trimmed out. There will be an armrest that extends from the front of the enclosure and a brace that extends from the sub baffle to the midbass enclosure That will be next.

So I’ve been working on the glove box subwoofer and made some
36373724-929E-4153-AE09-BBBC53BA21DA.jpeg
real progress. Here are some photos to get you guys caught up.
2F40AAB6-DB14-441F-9222-D4932C8E9BAF.jpeg
92081E4F-A722-4137-BE7B-858033C3DECD.jpeg
978B80C0-0282-4988-9D99-D4B67D766C99.jpeg
90E59CF2-1F1F-4C9D-ACDA-0BBA4A449B9E.jpeg

I’ll need to do a ton of sanding to try to better match the contours of the dash and do a couple layers of reinforced fiberglass to seal the gaps. The midbass on the floor are going to be mounted inverted in the floor venting to the frame rails. It should look something like this when done.

Front sub enclosure is close to being ready. It has taken a lot of work to get the body lines to match up. I still need to fill or "coat" the inside of the enclosure with some milkshake. Here's a few progress shots.
IMG_0441.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg

It's looking pretty good so far. Actual cost is probably around 120 dollars with all the materials. The time cost is more substantial. I have been working on this thing on and off for about 3 months totalling probably 30 hrs.
I'd really like to get back on the 15' midbass' in the back as the trim panel is not complete but the frontstage takes priority.
That being said I needed to stop lollygagging and get on the front midbass in the floor. Ill be honest. My first impulse was to cut directly into the floor and weld a pan into the floor for the speakers to sit in. Once I ran that idea around the block a couple times I needed to be a bit more realistic. So this is the first way I was going to do it.
IMG_0237.JPG
As you can see I would have essentially "tubbed" out the floor area once I used body filler to give it some natural shape. Now, the tendency in a small car is to stretch your legs out but even taking a quick drive around the block I realized that this was not going to work.
So I spent alot of time researching and I saw a firewall install of some midbass that were inverted and it clicked. The B&C drivers have a great looking motors as you can see in this shot. So I thought. "Game on." (Perfect Wayne impression)
IMG_0524.jpg

So onto our 3rd-ish prototype of the floor mounted midbass. I wanted to make them lower profile. Less than two inches high(baffle thickness). So the first thing I did is start to cut into the carpet and the underlayment beneath. You should be able to see the untrimmed 2lb. Mlv in the first shot. You can see in the second shot that I will need to trim the panel to accommodate the remote wire and multi-conductor cable. The material is a seven birch ply. I haven't done any shaping to it yet but I would like to put a radius on that internal opening. Ill fasten it to the floor with rivnuts once i get the final shape I want. I also need to glass it to make it water tight.
IMG_0519.jpgIMG_0521.jpgIMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg

So that's where I'm at. I still need an actual baffle that will mount to this and they will need shaping. There will also The warmer it gets the more time I will have so more updates are coming.

I am back like a vertabrae with some new pics and updates. Did I use that bit before? I forget. I have only had the chance to work on the car on the weekends so the progress has been slower than I like. I have a few photos so let's start with the glove box subwoofer. It really has taken a long time to build. The most difficult thing has been finding a way to mount it securely and safely. The area with the red in the second photo is showing a high area that I need to take down. The pattern of lines indicate the direction or contour I need to sand. The sub will be covered in suede matching the doors though I may want to go with a darker color. The first photo is me extending the enclosure out to fill a transitional space. I didn't much care for the gap between the kickpanel and the sub so I fabb'd up a little extention out of bamboo and reinforced fiberglass. The hole beside the red x is one of 3 mount positions in the car.
IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Its pretty tight on this side of the car. hahahaha I would like to move the tablet but that's for another day.

I am back like a vertabrae with some new pics and updates. Did I use that bit before? I forget. I have only had the chance to work on the car on the weekends so the progress has been slower than I like. I have a few photos so let's start with the glove box subwoofer. It really has taken a long time to build. The most difficult thing has been finding a way to mount it securely and safely. The area with the red in the second photo is showing a high area that I need to take down. The pattern of lines indicate the direction or contour I need to sand. The sub will be covered in suede matching the doors though I may want to go with a darker color. The first photo is me extending the enclosure out to fill a transitional space. I didn't much care for the gap between the kickpanel and the sub so I fabb'd up a little extention out of bamboo and reinforced fiberglass. The hole beside the red x is one of 3 mount positions in the car.
View attachment 58108
View attachment 58109
Its pretty tight on this side of the car. hahahaha I would like to move the tablet but that's for another day.
Welcome back man!! Deff a tight spot there... But Hey?? Let it roll .Ha Ha!! Love it.
You Deff. have some creative crafting skills man, and some really focused and layed out plans for your build and driver locations. Always Interesting to see whats Next!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...