2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

Thanks.

I've been a mechanic for about 18 years now, and a shop owner for just over 8. Fortunately, this allows me to buy cars that need a lot of work for cheap, and have a decent vehicle for little money and some sweat equity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Unfortunately, that doesn't translate well to carpentry work, so I pay a guy to build my boxes and door pods for me.

Some progress. Got some urethane on the box, false floor done, battery rack/box done, and amp racks done.

I'm not pleased with where I have to mount the mids/highs amp, but I'm out of room in the cargo area and it won't fit under a front seat. The 12k will mount on top of the board, and the 90.4 you can see is between it and the batteries. Oh well. I'll likely replace the 90.4 with one of the tiny Brazilian 4 channels later and mount it under a seat. For now though, this will have to do.

Also. I planned to run 10 group 34's. That's not possible. Looks like 8 is going to have to do (plus one under the hood).

I hate running wire. HATE it. But it's done. Or at least the 2 runs of 1/0 and the 2 runs of speaker wire for the left side is done. Gotta run the right side speaker wire and all the RCA's still.

Still have to deaden the doors, pick up two more batteries, wire them all up, waiting on the alt to come in, and probably have to do a few other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Pic of the amp just because. Haven't fondled it in over a month and wanted to get it out of the wrapper today. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm happy with it. I'd certainly buy it again. Wish it was a little more flexible...which is why I used the blue wire from the Batts to what will be the amp on top. Needed it to bend a little tighter.

Excellene would probably have worked fine even there, but I had plenty of the blue, so why not.

Do you have to keep the backseat?.....otherwise, that would give ya more room/space....like you already didn't know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do you have to keep the backseat?.....otherwise, that would give ya more room/space....like you already didn't know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Lol. Yeah, I know I'd have a lot more room if I'd give it up...but I may as well be walled if I get rid of the back seat. Which I'll probably do at some point anyway, but not for now.

This car will be my daily driver, so being able to carry more than one passenger, and having the room to haul a few things in the back seat is nice.

Got all the wiring done today, and it was starting to look like I was going to be able to meter it tomorrow...

And then I found this garbage.

Phuck me.

This is one of the 2 subs I pulled out of the Civic. Broke tinsel, and the tinsels on the other coil pulled away from the spider (but didn't break).

Other woofer from the Civic looks fine, but I'm going to recone both of them at this point so all 4 will be fresh.

This is going to set me back at least 2 weeks, and probably more like 3 to 4. Ugh.

MIGHT try to solder the tinsels back together just so I can try some low power testing with it. Regardless, it'll get reconed soon.

The broke tinsel would explain why I couldn't ever get a 150 out of my Civic after the Sundown Audio show.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.