20 Ram Quadcab with Uconnect

Participant count
  • Participant list

1aespinoza
10+ year member

After I was done installing amps, LOC and sub, it was time to bump it. No sound. Nothing at all. After surfing and many radio reset techniques, we found the load resistors were bad.
So if you are using load resistors in lieu of speakers, do test them before installation.
The frustration of thinking I had burned out the head unit had me cursing in undersized speaker wire.

Curious where, how, and/or why you used the resistors?

I would need them if I replaced my stock 2 ohm speakers with 4 ohm, but it doesn’t sound like you touched the speakers. I’m guessing you installed an amp to drive your speakers that didn’t match impedance?

Curious where, how, and/or why you used the resistors?
The OEM radio needs to see a resistance to turn on the amp. When you delete all OEM speakers, you add the load resistor in between the positive and negative as if it was a speaker. From those same wires you splice in the LOC. Now, there are some LOCs that have Ohm matching built in. That is basically it. These 6 Ohms resistors are the same ones used to prevent hyper flashing LED turn signals.
Screenshot_20230213-234912.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...