20 F150, system ideas. Any input?

Participant count
  • Participants list

EricF

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone, I picked up a 2020 F150 crew cab a few months ago. It’s got the upgraded B&O stereo in it right now. My go to was always 2 10” subs under/behind the seat. The best of those set ups was 2 10” audio mobile subs powered by a powerbass 1000watt amp wired down to 1 ohm. It pounded pretty good, definitely the loudest out of the other JL and kicker subs I had in the past for the limited space in a truck. I think I have it narrowed down to these two but input is appreciated.

4 8” Kicker L7 shallow mount subs with a stage 1 MTI acoustics box. They’re 350watts rms a piece.

2 12” Kicker L7 shallow mount subs in a stage 1 MTI acoustics box. They’re 600watts rms a piece.

I always found myself wanting more out of the previous set ups. I know the 4 8’s would be more responsive and I could imagine they’d get loud. Would anyone recommend 2 12’s over 4 8’s? I like the package builds that MTI acoustics offer which is my reasoning for the sub choice, plus I can get the stuff at cost through family. Looking forward to hearing what you guys suggest, thanks!

Hey everyone, I picked up a 2020 F150 crew cab a few months ago. It’s got the upgraded B&O stereo in it right now. My go to was always 2 10” subs under/behind the seat. The best of those set ups was 2 10” audio mobile subs powered by a powerbass 1000watt amp wired down to 1 ohm. It pounded pretty good, definitely the loudest out of the other JL and kicker subs I had in the past for the limited space in a truck. I think I have it narrowed down to these two but input is appreciated.

4 8” Kicker L7 shallow mount subs with a stage 1 MTI acoustics box. They’re 350watts rms a piece.

2 12” Kicker L7 shallow mount subs in a stage 1 MTI acoustics box. They’re 600watts rms a piece.

I always found myself wanting more out of the previous set ups. I know the 4 8’s would be more responsive and I could imagine they’d get loud. Would anyone recommend 2 12’s over 4 8’s? I like the package builds that MTI acoustics offer which is my reasoning for the sub choice, plus I can get the stuff at cost through family. Looking forward to hearing what you guys suggest, thanks!

I would suggest four regular size 8's over 2 shallow 12's. Would a box like this fit under your back seat? 4 Kicker L7 8's. Ported

20210128_200440.jpg

If you decide you'd rather have the larger subs, my 10tw3 just arrived about an hour ago. Once I get a box built for it I'll definitely review.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.