2 solo x18's off American bass 1000.1- ideas on how to seal off rear window?

tristanmay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have 2 solo x 18's off an AB 1000.1 in an 02 escalade, tuned to 27. sub up port back

ill have to post up pics of how its set up but the escalade's a 2 seater

well anyways im having a problem with MAJOR pressure escaping out the rear window on the hatch

(it lifts up on its own like other large suv's)

i need some ideas on how to keep this thing from flexin!?

port up sub up?

have a fat friend follow you around to lean on the car really cool like?

take out the glass weld sheet metal in its place?

nice amp btw where ya get that?

port up sub up?
have a fat friend follow you around to lean on the car really cool like?

take out the glass weld sheet metal in its place?

nice amp btw where ya get that?
Only do option 2 if you have more money than sense. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i have 2 solo x 18's off an AB 1000.1 in an 02 escalade, tuned to 27. sub up port back
ill have to post up pics of how its set up but the escalade's a 2 seater

well anyways im having a problem with MAJOR pressure escaping out the rear window on the hatch

(it lifts up on its own like other large suv's)

i need some ideas on how to keep this thing from flexin!?
I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a competiton vehicle is it?

i have 2 solo x 18's in my tahoe ran off a t40001bd and although my back window flex's but i dont mind. as long as your not doing Comps you should be fine or just try sub up port up. i have sub up port back. and my port is about 6-8 inches away from my doors. i have a 11c foot box tuned to 35htz. and it seems to work great. how do you like your box tuned to 27htz? i had mine tuned to 32 and didnt really like it so built a new box tuned to 35htz and its louder on the high notes and still hits the lows well. does pretty good on everyday music.

OP do you use the window (actively open and close it)? If nor get som 3m double sided trim tape, and put it on the weather stripping first, then close the window. problem solved. when you sell the car, you will need to replace the weather strip.

i have 2 solo x 18's in my tahoe ran off a t40001bd and although my back window flex's but i dont mind. as long as your not doing Comps you should be fine or just try sub up port up. i have sub up port back. and my port is about 6-8 inches away from my doors. i have a 11c foot box tuned to 35htz. and it seems to work great. how do you like your box tuned to 27htz? i had mine tuned to 32 and didnt really like it so built a new box tuned to 35htz and its louder on the high notes and still hits the lows well. does pretty good on everyday music.
Tuning freq needs change dramatically from the 04 to 07 versions. 27Hz tunes for musicality in 10net, you should have massive gain around the 35-37Hz range and a large dip above there. The Fs is low 20's and Qts is around .3 @ rest on black, .25 on silver. 6.2 Vas or so and 91 1w/1m. Tuned that high there wont be alot of force from displacement of the ports beating your door, combined with the lack of power you mentioned, your tactile feel/Air displacement is prob around 25% of tristanmay's. Sure you get plenty loud with their efficiency though! @ 5K per they really come to life.

OP do you use the window (actively open and close it)? If nor get som 3m double sided trim tape, and put it on the weather stripping first, then close the window. problem solved. when you sell the car, you will need to replace the weather strip.
Won't work.

You guys are underestimating this system. Should music a 153 @ 26

oh dear... seems I get out of audio a few months and come back and tristan is still working on this setup :p

Glad to see you got it in man..

I'm not sure on how to advise you with the window problem.. but wish you the best of luck with it. I'll be making a comeback soon, we'll have to meet up and compete though you'll have a ton more cone area and power lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.