Which JL subs? scion tc

• Total voters

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
Ok so I need new subs since my FI Q 18" blew up on me and i dont really feel like reconing it. (btw its for sale pm me). I want a JL audio sub setup now. So I am looking into some w7 8's (however many can fit across, guessing 4-6) or 2 jl w3 13.5s or 2 JL w6 13.5s. Either setup will be ported and tuned low like around 27hz. Currently I have a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D so i can run the 13's easily. but the 8's i am not sure. but i can always switch amps if needed. Goin into a Scion tC. Which would be the best? Btw its a SQL setup. I want to be loud but still have good SQ. I love how low my 18 would get and I want my new setup to get just as low and hit well at all frequencies. KEY: LOW LOW LOW!!!! lol

well if you want sq and the low end, then look at different brands. look into getting a pair of custom tc based 12s in the classifieds. they will blow JL away in all fields

i know other brands are out there but I would like to do JL since its been around forever and i've always had luck with their stuff. MY FI 18 blew up in 2 months and all FI told me was that I could recone it -__-. So I want to stick with "mainstream" this time and I know JL is good and i'm willing to pay for it. But I may go with some incriminator in my suburban.

You probably blew your Fi due to user error.
Idk. Still disappointed in the product. My Cvrs took that amp just fine up until I sold them (had em for about a year and a half) same exact gain settings. But no use cryin over spilled milk lol. jus gives me a chance to change it up again.

i know other brands are out there but I would like to do JL since its been around forever and i've always had luck with their stuff. MY FI 18 blew up in 2 months and all FI told me was that I could recone it -__-. So I want to stick with "mainstream" this time and I know JL is good and i'm willing to pay for it. But I may go with some incriminator in my suburban.
Ya just look around you can get good deals on the JLs... if you want the SQL id say go with the w6s. for the cheaper price the w3's are good but if your willing to spend it go with the w6's and the 1200 should be great on them.

Idk. Still disappointed in the product. My Cvrs took that amp just fine up until I sold them (had em for about a year and a half) same exact gain settings. But no use cryin over spilled milk lol. jus gives me a chance to change it up again.
kicker>fi? i dont think so

Ya just look around you can get good deals on the JLs... if you want the SQL id say go with the w6s. for the cheaper price the w3's are good but if your willing to spend it go with the w6's and the 1200 should be great on them.
appreciate it bro! i found really good deals on the JLs around the same prices as the recommendations. and the w3s were actually cheaper than all of them for tha pair!! But I still think Im going to just go with the w6 13s.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

kicker>fi? i dont think so
idk....idc...not buyin Fi anymore sooooo irrelevant

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

6 8w7s > 2 13w6v2s > 4 8w7s
as far as SPL, SQ, or SQL? will they hit as hard on low notes?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies