2 different subwoofers 1 monoblock

Participant count
  • Participant list

butyrkinis

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, first of all I'm kinda green to audio and stuff.

I have Vibe cbr10 evo(400rms) and MP TUBE 30(240rms or something) subwoofers I know they are ****, but thats enough for now. They are both connected to Pioneer GM 9601 monoblock ( 1Ω-1200w, 2Ω-800w, 4Ω-500w)

I want to ask is it good that I use them both at the same time, because I believe that they both sound different. My gain is at max level and my frequency is 100hz I believe.

You should change everything.

Never mix match subwoofers. Causes cancelation.
Turn the gain down. It's not a volume knob and should never be maxed.
100hz is too high with a 12 db slope.

Thank you, so I can burn my woofers really easily if I continue using this setup? I've been using this for 2months+ I think. How much frequency I should use? Can I still use a bit of gain? Because so far I can't hear any distortion

No XD, I'm just green af not joking
I gotcha bro I'm not being a dick just genuinely asking lmao. To tell you the truth man you might just want to start from scratch.

This hobby is more electrical and mechanical science than anything else. Every bit of equipment works synergistically together, and you have to have some sort of basic knowledge on each piece of equipment to be able to piece a system together.

You seem genuinely interested in doing an install yourself, so here is what I recommend:

1.) Research. You have to have a basic understanding of ohms law, how subs work, how amplifiers work, how electricity works through wire, how the signal to the amp is produced, the box that the subwoofers go in, as well as how to wire everything up. (Its a lot to learn, but if interested you can be self taught.)

2.) Start with a basic setup, 1 mono amplifier, and 1 subwoofer. This will make wiring way easier until you decide to increase your knowledge to add multiple maps and subs to your system.

We are all ******** on here to each other, but that's just the hobby and the culture. But we can all help you out no problem and we dont have any problems dropping knowledge. Everyone starts somewhere. Good luck man, and try not to spend to much money 😂😂😂

Thank you, so I can burn my woofers really easily if I continue using this setup? I've been using this for 2months+ I think. How much frequency I should use? Can I still use a bit of gain? Because so far I can't hear any distortion

Max gain will cause clipping. If you send clipped signal to your subwoofers they will get hot easy and and if clipped too much destroy them.

Subwoofer frequency depends on the enclosure and what your mids play down to. I have mine set to 60hz with a 12db slope.

Max gain will cause clipping. If you send clipped signal to your subwoofers they will get hot easy and and if clipped too much destroy them.

Subwoofer frequency depends on the enclosure and what your mids play down to. I have mine set to 60hz with a 12db slope.

Changed frequency to 60hz it sounds so much better, but without gain I hear nothing so yeah kinda sad

Changed frequency to 60hz it sounds so much better, but without gain I hear nothing so yeah kinda sad

What heaunit are you using? The gain is to be matched with headunit RCA voltage. Say you have 4v at the RCAs at listening volume you would set the gain to 4v as well.

But seeing that amp is such low power and the subwoofer is rated almost double you aren't going to get great results. I try to have double the amp power needed for subwoofers to help combat box rise and get enough power.

What heaunit are you using? The gain is to be matched with headunit RCA voltage. Say you have 4v at the RCAs at listening volume you would set the gain to 4v as well.

But seeing that amp is such low power and the subwoofer is rated almost double you aren't going to get great results. I try to have double the amp power needed for subwoofers to help combat box rise and get enough power.
My headunit BLOW AVH 8603 is 2.5V if I understand right, I was using max gain which is 0.2V for some reason on my amp and it sounded good after I set the gain to lowest it was 6.5V and I don't hear anything

My headunit BLOW AVH 8603 is 2.5V if I understand right, I was using max gain which is 0.2V for some reason on my amp and it sounded good after I set the gain to lowest it was 6.5V and I don't hear anything
The numbers on the dials on maps dont mean much, they are just a general guide that doesnt really work at all.

Read this entire thing. Itll explain in full how to set the gain on your amp. It's a lot of reading, but it's a pretty simple procedure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.