2 diamond d3400.2 or hifonics bx1500

Participant count
  • Participant list

Johnston_2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 diamond d3400.2 amps pushing 2 diamond c312.2 subs and i am wanting for it to be a tad bit louder since each sub is only getting 410 watts now. i was thinking about selling the 2 amps and just getting 1 hifonics bx1500 amp. it runs 1500 watts at 1 ohm so i could hook up my subs at 2 ohms and it would be a 1 ohm load on the amp right? and that would be 750 watts a piece. and i think that would suit my needs a tad bit better. but i was checking before i go and sell my amps. what would be ur guys oppions about this also i might sell my cm3's and buy some xxx' subs. but do u guys think this would be better. personally i dont really like have 2 seperate amps for my subs. but thanxs alot for ur oppions and also i searched and found out that the year 2004 hifonics amps are better than 2005 so i will get the 2004 year series thanxs alot.

okay i have searched the bx1500 and it looks like it really doesnt do 1500 and is overrated. well i was looking around and it looks liek another good amp is the nine.1. and its 350 shipped so if i can get 175 out of my amps. then i can get the nine.1 but what do u guys think either the bx1500 or the nine.1 or do u guys suggest any other amps that will be good. for what i need also my subs are dual 2 ohm subs. so i can i hook them 2 subs up to run at 1 ohm. thanxs alot.

Nine.1's are good amps I seen the specs on ur subs and says a Rms rating of 400 but im guessing thats a conservative rating. Welp I would take a nine.1 over a bx1500 anyday .

Nine.1's are good amps I seen the specs on ur subs and says a Rms rating of 400 but im guessing thats a conservative rating. Welp I would take a nine.1 over a bx1500 anyday .
I've saw four different ratings for cm3s...

my owners manual says 500...

online says 400...

on the sub it says 300

place i got it from listed them as 600

if ur interested in both amps toytundra so icould have 350 bucks so i could buy my nine.1 sure of if u have a friend or some one that wants it so i could get all of the money around the same time. sure.

oh and also the place i bought my cm3's from said that and i seen where they were running 800 watts rms into each sub and they loved it. well they loved it alot more than what mine are getting and i love it to. but i think when i get a job or a good job lol im goign to sell my cm312's and get 2 12inch seXXX's

I run a Memphis500D on my Single ported CM312,and its plenty - 800w to a CM3 is a waste and will kill the sub in short order,that guy running 800w to a cm3 needs an M6 (which I also own) and his head examined.

If your looking for a new bigger amp,the new Diamond D6s are excellent and all are 1ohm final load - a D61000.1 will produce about 1300-1400 watts at 1ohm,more than enough for 2 CM3s and will smoke a Hifonics in SQ and clean power

I also like Mmats,and Memphis amps if you can wing the cash

if your on a tighter budget Poweracoustic is alot better than you would expect myself included

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.