2 channel amps to door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
The way he has it worded, it looked like he wants to run the sub off one channel and speakers on the other channel on a single 2 channel amp. When I installed my first amp ever, before internet existed, I had this same question in my head also, until I realized there was a big L and R on the amp like the back of my boom box had for the 2 detachable speakers. You’d have to run a system in “mono” instead of “stereo” to do this. Some of you aren’t old enough to remember running “mono” mode instead of “stereo” mode when the radio signal was bad. Forgotten technology.

sorry about the way i worded it

i see on all these sites that amps come in 2 channel ,3 channel and 4 channel
i was wondering if each channel could go to 1 speaker?
and if i got a 2 channel 1 could i direct 1 channel to the sub and have 1 for the door speakers

sorry about the way i worded it

i see on all these sites that amps come in 2 channel ,3 channel and 4 channel
i was wondering if each channel could go to 1 speaker?
and if i got a 2 channel 1 could i direct 1 channel to the sub and have 1 for the door speakers
You would need a 3 or 4 channel to run 2 speakers and a sub. A 2 channel would only do the 2 door speakers.

So 1 amp for front and 1 amp for back, is that correct
Yes. One amp for doors and one for subs. But if you do not have the room, you can do what SlugButter said, a four channel amp. 2 front channels for the doors, and two rear channels for the sub/s. 3 channel amps tend to have better power and controls for the sub/s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...