2 amps going to the same power source, same ground, same remote. Only one amp comes on.

Anthony r

CarAudio.com Newbie
Having an issue with a 1600 watt 4 channel amplifier. Have both amps connected to the same sources but the 4 channel amp does not come on. I made a new ground for the 4 channel amp, ran a new remote wire, nothing. Swapped amp wiring kit from sub amp to 4 channel and nothing. Only way I can get the 4 channel amp to come on is by making an inline fuse jumper from the remote slot to the power + on the amp. Doing this keeps the amp on all the time. Just can't figure out why one amp works while the other doesn't. All connections are secure and reading 12v. Had a 600 watt 4 channel hooked up before this amp and had no problems for 8 years. Just swapped all the wiring from old amp to new and am having issues. Any ideas?

If i'm trying to turn on two amps with a remote wire I will strip the end of the main remote wire going to amp A and twist amp B remote wire on it and put that end in amp A and the other end in amp B. Use ferrules so the wire doesn't spread or get cut up by the retaining screw.

Or

use a relay. I always use one for more than 1 amp with a inline 2 amp fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.