2 12s v 4 12s

Participant count
  • Participants list

Topnotch5

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Have a taramps smart 3 would 2 12inch 1100 watt rms a piece hit harder then 4 of the same subs
So if there was 2 they would be getting around 1500 watts a piece and 4 would be getting 750 watts a piece will have a good box and good electrical either way thoughts !?

4 12s would slamm in the right enclosure. Ported would be the way to go. I would also be looking at the vehicle ceiling bracing/security as well depending on the vehicle. Most vehicles roofing is pretty much a simple cheap braced lining that will not take much of a beating/hold up to the pressure induced. Cone area usually rules in most cases.

Have a taramps smart 3 would 2 12inch 1100 watt rms a piece hit harder then 4 of the same subs
So if there was 2 they would be getting around 1500 watts a piece and 4 would be getting 750 watts a piece will have a good box and good electrical either way thoughts !?
If you have room and the funds to run 4 12s.. Id do it. I think you would be pleased with the extra expense. You can always lean back and do a pair later on if you are worried about space. I think it would put a smile on your face also

I’d do 4 12’s. Those audiopipe subs can get loud in the right box. I used to design and build boxes for an audiopipe dealer. Typically a decent sized airspace + not too large of a port works with those. If you post up a link to the woofers, I could tell you what I would do with the box specs.

All other things being equal when you double the cone area you get an increase of 3db, same if you double the power. If you double both that's +6db.

So in your case four 12s on the same total power as two 12s will be 3db louder than the two. Whether 3db is worth the money and effort is up to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...