2 12’s with monoblock need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jdgshred

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I have two alpine type s’s 2 ohm DVC. I wired them to a final impedance of 2 ohms. The subs are rated at 600 rms, I currently have a monoblock 1 channel amp that put out 600 rms @ 2 ohms. My question is…. Do I need a bigger amp for them? Should I get a two channel amp? Or should I just get a higher powered amp? Because I am assuming that 600 watts coming off the amp is being split between the two subs. Right they are series/parallel wired.

Hello, I have two alpine type s’s 2 ohm DVC. I wired them to a final impedance of 2 ohms. The subs are rated at 600 rms, I currently have a monoblock 1 channel amp that put out 600 rms @ 2 ohms. My question is…. Do I need a bigger amp for them? Should I get a two channel amp? Or should I just get a higher powered amp? Because I am assuming that 600 watts coming off the amp is being split between the two subs. Right they are series/parallel wired.
I would run a 1,500w rms @ 2 ohm amplifier. That gives you 300w of headroom and less chance of distortion to the subs. A 2,000w rms @ 2 ohm amp will give you even MORE headroom with even LESS chance of distortion. Set the gain correctly and you should be smiling for many moons to come.

You can run that amp on them. It may work a little harder but will work.Just stay clear of clipping /Maxed out and tune properly. I would look at getting more power for them to keep the strain off the amplifier and to stay out of the clipping range of wanting more out of what you have currently. As stated.. A decent 1k even or up to 2k would be better.Head room is always nice to have and the amplifier doesnt have to work as hard usually and will generally run a bit cooler and treated right will last a bit longer

Just keep things down to a bit minimum for now and use what you have and save some funds for a bit more powerful amplifier.There should be some sales coming up on Labor Day that you may be able to find a great deal on an amplifier or a good used one?Ive got a couple Old School Cheaters, but you need a good electrical system to keep up and arent Cheap.I alway say.. Run what you got. Utilize what you have. save and buy what you need

Ive been running one of two of these on a pair of DVC4 XFL12s tuned to 30 HTZ and have been very pleased with it so far. Did well running a pair of 1200 rms DVC2 ohm tens in 4.0@32htz at 2 ohms. might be an option to consider for you

I would upgrade to a larger amp. But keep in mind that if you are wanting to do a 2k as suggested, you’ll likely need to do some electrical upgrades depending on how you listen to your system.

Ive been running one of two of these on a pair of DVC4 XFL12s tuned to 30 HTZ and have been very pleased with it so far. Did well running a pair of 1200 rms DVC2 ohm tens in 4.0@32htz at 2 ohms. might be an option to consider for you

So the xfl 10 does well in 2 cubes? 🤔
Mine is currently in 1.5@32hz.

Those are my HDS310s S.Qubeds. I havent tried my XFL 10s in that enclosure yet.Something to consider just to see how they do. I may try it out one day just to see.
I havent tried an XFL 10 in 2.0 yet.May be something to consider later on for an experiment? I do have a pair of S.Qubed older HDS310s DVC2 ohm that are in a 4.0@32htz and they get down wired @2ohms

Attachments

• 20220803_082641 (1).jpg
    20220803_082641 (1).jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220803_082733 (1).jpg
    20220803_082733 (1).jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220803_082751 (1).jpg
    20220803_082751 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...