1x SQ HDS3 12" 2R DVC vs 2x Kicker CVR 07CVR124

Participant count
  • Participant list
Are you going for peak spl or daily with a wide frequency range? What kind of music do you listen to and what vehicle?

This would be installed in a '98 Mercury Mountaineer. Daily driver in winter. I mostly listen to rock/metal. Space is not issue really.

What is an HDS1222? You mean HDS2 12"?

I was thinking of the XFL 1222. This is an HDS3 12" 2ohm dvc.

The HDS3 and XFL would be underpowered on that amp if it does 1200rms before rise. The two CVRs would definitely be louder.

You could get two Sundown LCS B stock 12s for $72 each.

Thanks. I typically just use a slot port. Assuming that's okay. Not sure if you were simulating that or just glanced at kicker's specs.
Thanks. I typically just use a slot port. Assuming that's okay. Not sure if you were simulating that or just glanced at kicker's specs.

Only time I use a slot is for a low volume low tuned box where you need a long ass port and an aero isn't practical.

Overall aeroports are more efficient and easier to design and build. Up to you if you want to use a slot port. If you choose a slot then use 14-16 sq inches of port area per cubic foot of volume which is 56-64sq in of port area for 4cf@40hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.