1x 12" AND 2x 10" subs

So all 4 subs are pyles? Even one quality 12 in a ported box would hit harder and sound better than any combo of those pyles. But if you’re dead set on using them then I’d do the 2 12s in a ported box.
I don't have 4 subs right now. I currently have two Pyle 12's in a ported box. I wanna get rid of the subs I have now. Then get a new 12(something better than Pyle) and two 10's(same model as whatever the new 12 would be, except smaller). Then I'd build a new box so that the internal volume of the 12" is separate from the two 10's

What is your budget? Two Sundown or XFL's in the right box is all you need.
No budget, I'm really just trying to price it out for now, I'd be willing to spend as much as I need to do what I want. Sure, I'd get more power from better speakers. But I also want a better frequency response "range" for my subs. That's why I want one 12" and two 10". Just having two 12" sundowns or xfl's might be good for a lot of people that just want max volume but I've had that setup before(not my current setup tho) and I'm looking for something with good volume but more importantly great sound quality.

I see. I thought you were trying to use subs you already had. Anyway, like we said, 2 good 12s is all you need. Trying to mix one 12 with two 10s just doesn’t make sense. 2 good 12s will give you volume, range, and sound quality. I don’t see how mixing sub sizes would give you that.

With the right sub, any size sub in the right/ correct enclosure can touch every note you desire. A sealed enclosure with the right sub will hit 20hz to 80hz easy. Same with the right sub ported, though the lower notes that you usually don't see too often in music will roll off. Usually more "musical" ported enclosures are tuned in the low 30's... though that's also dependent on the specific sub and power.
Using 2 different size subs is rather pointless. If you did, you'd have the 12 playing up to maybe 45ish hz and the 10's playing 45ish to 80 ish. Why? When the 12's can do that too. And if you have to much overlap, you'll get weird peeks and valleys in your response that aren't desirable.
Decide how much space you're willing to give up. Decide between ported or sealed. Decide how much power can afford (along with upgraded electrical if need be). Then decide on the right sub/ subs for your build.
I've always been told, great sound is 20% equipment, 80% enclosure. That might be a little overdramatic, but you get my point.

No budget, I'm really just trying to price it out for now, I'd be willing to spend as much as I need to do what I want. Sure, I'd get more power from better speakers. But I also want a better frequency response "range" for my subs. That's why I want one 12" and two 10". Just having two 12" sundowns or xfl's might be good for a lot of people that just want max volume but I've had that setup before(not my current setup tho) and I'm looking for something with good volume but more importantly great sound quality.

Maybe what you should do is get a couple of 12's and some good midbass speakers. Not midrange or coaxials, actual 6-½" or 8" midbass speakers. Preferably to be located in your doors. Look at Crescendo or Stephens midbass speakers. They should play around 80hz.-3,000khz. They will cost you around $100-$150/pair.

Never mix and match subs, you will get cancellation. My recommendation is you just get some higher quality woofers. If you tell me your space that you can put a box in, I and others can recommend woofers that would fit in the space with a proper box. If you want a good sounding box with a wide range, I can definitely design you one. If you don't have a strict budget, I'd 100% get rid of the Pyle's and get a better quality woofer. Just let me know, you can email me at buck.box.designs@gmail.com and I can fully help you pick some stuff, if you want. Or we can do it in the thread, just giving you options.

The different subs would be in different sealed enclosures. It would be like having a 12" in one box and having another box with two 10's in it. I'm not trying to sound argumentative, I'm just trying to clarify what I mean. Are you saying having different sized subs in different enclosure within the same vehicle is a bad idea?
Do not mix and match subs ever full stop. Not different brands, not different sizes, not different enclosures. There may be exceptions like setting up arrays in a club or stadium but this will fail more often than not in a car. The idea of just cramming more subs/boxes in a car to get louder died in the mid 90's when those types of builds started getting crushed by people using less equipment but better quality and proper box design.

So my 2016 Jeep wrangler currently has a custom 3 cubic foot sub box with 2 12" pyle's in it. I certainly get a deep response out of them but not a whole lot of "high end"(I say high end relative to subwoofer frequencies) and they're not super punchy. Basically they're just good for a "low wavy bass"(if that makes any sense). I was thinking I could build a new box with just one 12" sub to maintain some of that low tone and 2 10" subs. I know that your not supposed to put different speakers in the same box but I would put an internal divider between the 12" and 2 10's so it would technically be two boxes in one. The new design will be mostly the same as the old one accept for the divider and speaker placement. I'm also using mdf to build this but if I get good responses to my idea, I might consider going the extra mile to build a fiberglass box molded around the wheel well. I'm also considering porting. I don't know if I should port the 12" side or the 10" side or both or none. I also understand I shouldn't run the three speakers on the same channel from the amp but I have a 2-channel sub amp, so I was thinking run the 12" to one channel and the 10's either in parallel or series(depending on ohms) to the other channel and tune each channel accordingly. So if anybody has done this before or has thoughts/ideas, I'd appreciate some input.
Iran a box with 3 8s and 2 10s in my CRX playing music at over 150dbs ... I had USACi rewrite the rules on sub size after that show ...it was the loudest streetbeat car ever recorded at a show in Baton Rouge ...I had a two door 2008 Wrangler that I ran 154s daily on 4 10s ... it was an awesome setup ..no back seat though ...it won SPL events at many shows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.