1996 Dodge Ram sound system upgrade.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Asablan671

CarAudio.com Newbie
I tried installing aftermarket 6x9s in the doors and there was a plug that had 4 wires in it red green grey black I believe I was told to cut the plug of the speaker and the red and green are positive and grey and black negative. I cut and spliced the wires pos to pos negative to negative and put the wires on the after market speaker plugged it in to the wire harness in the door on both sides turned key on and nothing. Did I do something wrong? Was I told wrong? Please help thanks in advance

They sell plug adapters for these sorts of things for only a few bucks on crutchfield. Might want to just buy those and see if you can figure out from there and hope you didn't break your head unit trying to hook this up wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I installed a radio and 6x9s in my uncle's '01 Ram. I found that the wiring color code behind the radio does not remain the same to the doors. Had...
I have the CT Sounds 150.4 and two 2000.1. Pretty clean and solid amps for more than a year of use. I wouldnt expect the CT Sounds 80.4 to be any...
Amazon has Infinity Reference 9630 Harmon refurbs on sale for $120 bucks. Compared these to several other brands and using an old NVX 2"/SB...
Hello all of you, unfortuanally as mentioned before it isn’t possible to get fader with this setup: Pioneer radio 4 way output and a factory amp...

About this thread

Asablan671

CarAudio.com Newbie
Asablan671
Washington state
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from