1995 soundstream SPL 160 subs

30hrtz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My friend has these original spl 160 15 inch subs, never been reconed or abused. He said he may sell them to me. My question is are they worth anything being so old. Im sure they could be reconed if needed but now they are mint and have been in his show truck since 1995. It is an offroad show truck not stereo so they havent been hurt. I have heard that the old soundstream stuff is good and his are loud. Any one have any expirience with these and what would they compare to in todays subs? I m thinkin like AQ sdc 2.5 15's maybe? thanks for the input.

i used to have 2 of them in a 4th order box ported through the rear deck of an 89 acura legend power by a zapco competition series amp that put out 900rms. let me tell for just 900w they were loud as hell. sitting in the car with the volume up hurts you our ears and when you talk it is like talking into a fan blowing. your voice will crack. if you were wearing glasses the glasses would bounce on your face. those were badass subs.

well i dont think i could get them for less than 150 for the pair. he hit 150 sealed on a soundstream 1000 amp and the subs are in a regular cab toyota 4x4 with the back glass removed and the subs sitting right behind the driver and passengers head. It is loud, but if aq 2.5's would stomp them, i probly wont mess with them. I just thought for about 150 for 2 15's might be a good deal. The baskets look just like the older DD 9500'S. black 4 spoke with crome on the motors.

oh and his 150 score was in a competition but i dont know what meter they used. they hit aroun 50hz hard in the smallish sealed box he has.

ya 150 for the pair if i can talk him into it again. last year he agreed but my money wasnt right, i had just bought an aq 15. so we will see.

i remember back in the day, before the internet, there was a porsche in car audio and electronics the had 2 spl 15s, sweet system, i think it was brett favre's
I was on the internet in 1988 and I know these woofers didn't exist then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.