12" XXX BMW Box [finally pics]

nweibley
10+ year member

this:annoyinginsomanyways
Tampa, FL
Here is the work in progress 12" XXX box that never seems to get done!

It has some carpet on it now, the plexi is looking nice, and we're trying to spot paint everything. I'm going to have to re-sand the inside and repaint it, but considering me and a friend buildt it with almost nil router experience, I think it looks pretty good.

All of the routing was freehand with a transfer paper image on the box using a blown up photo chopped XXX logo by my friend Christina. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif She did a pretty **** good job for freehand, eh?

xxx_box.jpg

xxx_box3.jpg

Tuned to cerca 30-32Hz and its 3.278 cubic feet (it has a sloped back at about 19.8 degrees I think, if I remember right.

It still has plenty of touching up to go though.

That is a job well done. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif what did you do stick a neon in there or just got blue plexi.

Creativity at work, I really like it. Good to see something original, and well thought out! Very nice, you made my day bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hey, the box is for a girl, but she won't be "laying" me so get over it you sickos! She is my demo car, and she is doin a **** good job at it too!

Anywho thanks all, I was trying to come up with something that would look cool but wouldn't be over the top and would still look "flat" or otherwise keep the trunk rugged enough to have bags tossed in, etc. She came up with the final XXX idea, but we knew we wanted plexi in there. It has been working well so far, I just need to get the thing prettyful and installed and looking OEM in the BMW. I wish BMW trunks were a little bit bigger though, I'm sure David from RE knows its hard as hell to fit a suitable sealed box in there much less ported, especially without fold-down backseats! Gotta hide wires too.

I love it!

Yo the New box i made that was 16.5" Tall, fits PERFECT!!!! Will have pic for you tomorrow.

I also wanted to cutout the XXX Logo, but not cut into the wood. Wanted to cut out the pieces n put on top of box, didn't have time at the time though. But REAL Sweet

WE'll talk on AIM

Hey, the box is for a girl, but she won't be "laying" me so get over it you sickos! She is my demo car, and she is doin a **** good job at it too!
Anywho thanks all, I was trying to come up with something that would look cool but wouldn't be over the top and would still look "flat" or otherwise keep the trunk rugged enough to have bags tossed in, etc. She came up with the final XXX idea, but we knew we wanted plexi in there. It has been working well so far, I just need to get the thing prettyful and installed and looking OEM in the BMW. I wish BMW trunks were a little bit bigger though, I'm sure David from RE knows its hard as hell to fit a suitable sealed box in there much less ported, especially without fold-down backseats! Gotta hide wires too.
are u putting it in a 3 series? id love to see the box in the trunk. BMW's definetly **** for systems, my sub is totally not as loud as it should be because of the trunk being sealed so tight. it suuucks.

Yes, the box goes in a 328i. Once the Orion 1200D comes in moday and I get that put on the back, I will get some pics with the box in the trunk of the BMW, but I still have some wires to mask, etc.... so it isn't quite polished up yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.