12" DC Level 4 vs. SSA ICON vs. Ampere AA-3.0v2 vs. Adire Brahma

Participant count
  • Participants list
So I'd like to upgrade my sub, but there's just too many out there to choose, and I don't want to end up buying multiple subs to "try out." My current amp is Jl Audio RD1500.1. My current box is 2.15 cu. ft. net, 33.75 in. sq., tuned @ 31 hz. I'd like to keep this box, but I could easily build another if need be. I listen to mainly hip-hop, and I don't like the term "loud" because for me I want to FEEL as much bass as possible, not just hear it. I want my bone cartilage to vibrate! So with that being said, does anyone have any first hand experience with any of these subs, and which would you recommend?

Bone cartilage? Those are two different things. Also you can't feel it if it's not loud. Personally I don't think you gonna get bone shaking, gut vibrating bass from one twelve in a small box.

Bone cartilage? Those are two different things. Also you can't feel it if it's not loud. Personally I don't think you gonna get bone shaking, gut vibrating bass from one twelve in a small box.
I guess I was thinking bone marrow lol... anyway, yeah I know I won't shake the neighborhood with one 12. Just trying to go with the hardest hitting 12 I can get for under $500. So the ICON huh? I've heard good things about them.

I have a 12” dc level 4, with blue carbon fiber cap in a .95 sealed box in my ram. Was pushing it with a smart 3, now a md5000.1 (waiting on my dual enclosure) but they’re tough as hell. Level 1 & 2 DC are made in China and shipped in bulk. Level 3 and above are hand made in Las Vegas. It gets down and exactly what you’re describing, sometimes I want “louder” but it literally shakes the cab violently. I know sound solutions offers additional upgrades as well, which wasn’t offered to me from my shop, but itd look really interesting to have on both of these

Attachments

• 7FCBC999-7424-42AB-890F-D741F6FF9D27.jpeg
    7FCBC999-7424-42AB-890F-D741F6FF9D27.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
To add to this TC posted last week that he's running stock electrical so that's not going to help either.

Bone shaking your either going to need to upgrade your electrical or get as much cone area as you can

I don't know who TC is. I just assume you are all the same person.
TC (topic creator). You had posted that it's going to be hard to get bone shaking bass on a single 12 in a small box and I was not only agreeing but adding that stock electrical won't help him either. He either needs more juice or start chasing cone area.

TC (topic creator). You had posted that it's going to be hard to get bone shaking bass on a single 12 in a small box and I was not only agreeing but adding that stock electrical won't help him either. He either needs more juice or start chasing cone area.
Yeah, big three and ho alt will come soon. Probably during tax refund season lol. But for now, if you were me would you go ICON 15 ported or 2 12s ported?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.