10's hit REALLY low.

Justinh722
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Why is it that my 2 10" kicker comp vr's hit really really low? Could it be the vehicle its in? All i know, is that it will hit the lows really good but it wont hit right at all for any other frequency. I have the box ported, not sure what at. I put 2 12" jl w3' in the same car in a sealed box and they mainly hit lows too. I used to have 15's and the 10's hit much lower.

I have 2 dual 4 ohm subs wired in parallel down to a 2 ohm load each. I have 2 mtx 421D amps that run 300x1 @ 2 ohms with 12.5 volts, 420x1 @ 2 ohms with 14.4 volts. i have a factory 80amo alternator so i know im not getting 14.4. The amps dont have a subsonic filter on them and i have the gain turned a little further than half way up. They hit real hard with the lows it hits and i do like the way it sounds. I just thought it was wierd that they hit so low. The box i have is pretty shitty, made with 5/8 particle board. It flexes pretty bad when the subs hit, but yet they still hit hard. would they hit harder in a 3/4 mdf sealed box?

I have 2 dual 4 ohm subs wired in parallel down to a 2 ohm load each. I have 2 mtx 421D amps that run 300x1 @ 2 ohms with 12.5 volts, 420x1 @ 2 ohms with 14.4 volts. i have a factory 80amo alternator so i know im not getting 14.4. The amps dont have a subsonic filter on them and i have the gain turned a little further than half way up. They hit real hard with the lows it hits and i do like the way it sounds. I just thought it was wierd that they hit so low. The box i have is pretty shitty, made with 5/8 particle board. It flexes pretty bad when the subs hit, but yet they still hit hard. would they hit harder in a 3/4 mdf sealed box?
Sounds almost like you are complaining? If the box is flexing alot - (noticable), then your subs will sound better with a abox that does not flex. IF it is hitting low and nothing else (it only goes boom), then check box size, port tuning, and speaker placement in the vehicle. Those are the three things to look at with this problem.

Ed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.