1 question plz re bass delay

Participant count
  • Participant list

MROOD

CarAudio.com Newbie
London
So i have recently added some Hertz 6.5" mille pros, they are really good with real good clear crisp sounds, now that ive sorted out the crossovers

What ive noticed is that that the mid bass thump from the 6.5" does not correspond with the subwoofer bass thump

Theres like a minimal 1 or 2ms delay, like the 6.5" Hertz millie pros hits the bass then the subwoofer hits afterwards

You cant notice it with the bass on high volumes but its there

My previous head on my VW had a subwoofer delay option, im currently using a factory head on an Audi A5 B&O set up

I cant change the head because it covers everything else in the car

Any suggestions?

Thank you people, from the UK

How far away is your sub from you? If the human brain could perceive the delay of 1 to 2ms, that sub would be a little over 1 to 2 feet away from you or 34 to 68cm because that is how far sound travels in 1 to 2ms. Also, in the studio when a bass guitar player plucks a note in unison with a kick drum, there will be a slight delay no matter what because humans aren't perfect and neither is our timing... it can get close enough but not perfect. You may be hearing a natural recorded delay. I second a DSP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.