1.25ft³ enclosure for a recommended 1.5ft³ subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

kivines

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Greetings!

I apologize if this has been posted multiple times, but as the title says, I have bought an

Atrend E12SV B Box Series enclosure for my TS-W2000SPL 12 inch subwoofer.

I was wondering if I could get away with it without any major changes to the subwoofer's behavior or how it will react.

Box : Sub :
Also, feel free to drop me some tips and tricks, or to tell me about how it'll go when it comes to the alternator/battery connections, stock/aftermarket radio, etc..

Please note that I am about to turn 17 years old soon and I will be getting my first car. This is a preparation for the future. I have been given the sub and I thought I'd buy my own box, then my cables, then an amplifier. Feel free to make me a good amp/cable setup because I haven't considered any yet! I use Canadian currency. I also am on a budget so nothing too expensive. Thanks!

horrible box, also throw that manufacturer recommendation out the window, they give the minimum recommendation for the sub to do anything. You want at least 2 cubic feet airspace for any real performance out of that sub otherwise you'll need to do a sealed box at 1.25 to 1.5 cubic feet. Space makes bass, you are not gonna get jack **** buying premade garbage boxes.

horrible box, also throw that manufacturer recommendation out the window, they give the minimum recommendation for the sub to do anything. You want at least 2 cubic feet airspace for any real performance out of that sub otherwise you'll need to do a sealed box at 1.25 to 1.5 cubic feet. Space makes bass, you are not gonna get jack **** buying premade garbage boxes.
Could I even install it in the meantime until I get a better box?

Could I even install it in the meantime until I get a better box?
Just get a box suited to your sub's specifications. I have stopped making my own boxes for I no longer have as much free time as I used to. It is cheaper, faster, and fully finished. Make sure they are 3/4 inch thick and you should be good. With that said, I have never used anything above 1500 watts. Guys like us in the lower wattage range are ok with prefabbed boxes. I am currently using a 1 cubic foot sealed box with a DD 3510 10" sub. I was surprised at how low it goes with such small dimensions. On top of that, I was giving it only 65 watts per channel. So do not doubt in getting one, just make sure to keep to sub specs.

Just get a box suited to your sub's specifications. I have stopped making my own boxes for I no longer have as much free time as I used to. It is cheaper, faster, and fully finished. Make sure they are 3/4 inch thick and you should be good. With that said, I have never used anything above 1500 watts. Guys like us in the lower wattage range are ok with prefabbed boxes. I am currently using a 1 cubic foot sealed box with a DD 3510 10" sub. I was surprised at how low it goes with such small dimensions. On top of that, I was giving it only 65 watts per channel. So do not doubt in getting one, just make sure to keep to sub specs.
1 cubic feet sealed for a 10 is plenty. his is literally 1.25 net ported for a 12.... 1.25 is the bare minimum for a ported 10.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.