1,2,4,or 6 subs in 12 cubes and why

I’ve ran a ton of subs in my Jeep Patriot and I’m having a hard time telling what I like best. 8s, 10s and 12s ive used so far in this vehicle and I’ve liked all of them for music. Im having a 15 built for me now that I’m trying next, but I already know I will like it. I’m leaning towards doing 1 really nice 15 inch sub for my daily music setup and a box with 8 lower power 10s on 3k just to meter with. I’ve also found that it seems to be louder with sub up port back orientation, but I like the actual sound of music better with the same subwoofers when both sub and port are rear fired, so I will likely do sub up port back on the 10s for metering and sub and port back on my daily music enclosure.

I've found that to be true in a lot of SUV's, just depends on the size of the SUV and how many subs and power. Sometimes a single, very capable, high powered woofer is very good for daily. Something like a 1500w 15, or even a 3kw 15.

I've found that to be true in a lot of SUV's, just depends on the size of the SUV and how many subs and power. Sometimes a single, very capable, high powered woofer is very good for daily. Something like a 1500w 15, or even a 3kw 15.
Yeah. Even the single 10 I’m running now is almost enough daily for me………almost.

Well now you are changing you parameters. 4-AB HD15's could get you close to 160 if built right. The Hippo XLR's are no joke either.
It took you a month to learn how to accurately state your spl score, then you went to a competition, so now you're an expert? Which of those setups/subs do you have experience with ?

4-12's. Your net is going to go down after sub and port displacement.
Yeah going subs up Port back( alot of time the best sounding option, but iv seen numbers high w sub n port up vehicle depending of course) that would be all I could fit if using 12s. Sub n port up would be a lil more volume and I'd b willing to run each @
If I ran subs and Port up it would be a lil more

It took you a month to learn how to accurately state your spl score, then you went to a competition, so now you're an expert? Which of those setups/subs do you have experience with ?

I have experience with the 4 -15's on 36K. And I also have experience with 6 - 18's on 54K. As far as the SPL thing that you are talking about we just meter here. We don't care if your door is open, door is closed, door is closed but window down, meter on driver's side or passenger side, visor down or up, glove box open or closed, passenger seat forward or back, and passenger seat reclined or layed down forward. Why don't you post some builds of yours and some meter scores? Or are you just here to **** on people?

Yeah going subs up Port back( alot of time the best sounding option, but iv seen numbers high w sub n port up vehicle depending of course) that would be all I could fit if using 12s. Sub n port up would be a lil more volume and I'd b willing to run each @
If I ran subs and Port up it would be a lil more

Yeah, I've done multiple subs and port up. I usually only do that if we run out of space to do it another way. It's always worked well. Usually that happens when there's so many subs that I have to use the extra depth as airspace, so I fire the port up for it to breathe.

Yeah, I've done multiple subs and port up. I usually only do that if we run out of space to do it another way. It's always worked well. Usually that happens when there's so many subs that I have to use the extra depth as airspace, so I fire the port up for it to breathe.
Really I'd b cool either way to save weight and money w 4 12s, or go the max possible built all the way to the back w sub/port up.
I was thinking less energy waste and panel flex and more coil and SD w everything facing up. Hell Ill trust your final design either way I'm certain it will be enough forafun daily, not goin for numbers, just a Mobil concert heheee

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...