08 Dodge Caliber, with factory amp, no sound after android unit installation, remote turn-on wire is connected

Participant count
  • Participant list

matrixwky

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greetings all!

So I have been trying to make an Android generic 2DIN headunit work in my 2008 Dodge Caliber.

The car came with a factory amp. The wiring from the car harness consists of:

Power
Ground
Amp Remote
8 Audio signal wires (+-)
2 Can Bus wires (twisted pair)

I have decided to use a CAN-BUS simulator. As far as I can tell, all it does, is to "translate" the "Turn-On" from the twisted CAN BUS wire and support a 12V to the red wire of the Android unit.
For the rest of the wires, I matched them 1 to 1 to the headunit. The amp remote wire from the car is also connected to the 12V remote turn on from the head unit.

So here comes the problem. I wasn't getting any sound initially, regardless how much I adjusted the volume on the volume knob. I plugged the original radio back in, the sound comes back. After some trials, I realized the only way to get sound out of the aftermarket was to do the following:

1. Plug the original radio in.
2. Since the default volume is 0 every time the key is on. So turn the volume up on the original radio.
3. With everything on, unplug the original radio and plug in the aftermarket. And waala, there's sound.

But if I leave the aftermarket unit in, turn off the key, and turn the key on again. There's no sound again. Doesn't matter how I turn the volume knob.

What I am suspecting, is that the aftermarket unit somehow cannot "tell" the factory amp to increase from the default 0 volume. When I turn the volume knob on the aftermaret unit, the volume changes on the display, just no sound.

Can anyone please help? New to the forum, let me know if you need anymore information.

Many thanks
Kirk

Here is the Android information:

Brand: Bosion
Kernel Version: Linux 3.10.65
OS Version: BSP 1.6.3.1.5-IVT-170502

I would agree with your assessment that "the aftermarket unit somehow cannot "tell" the factory amp to increase from the default 0 volume." Have you tried using another 12-volt source to power on your amplifier? If that works, you know that it is a wiring problem with the harness and/or the can-bus simulator. If not, you know that communication from the android is the problem.
Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.