'04 Tahoe - Bose amp bypass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowkey
10+ year member

What I'd like to do is jump the speaker wires from the input clip to the output clip. So the clips themselves would no longer be used I'd just have the speaker wires patched together and eliminate the amp entirely. So I'd be using my aftermarket headunit and existing speaker wires to power the 4 door speakers (which I'll be replacing also).

Anyone see a problem with doing it this way? Would I need to change anything with my current headunit harness the Crux SOCGM-17C Wiring Interface from Crutchfield?
I'm assuming I'll lose the factory tweets and sub which I'm fine with.

TIA

I wouldn't jump them with the amp still on or hooked up. I would remove the amplifier completely, and then wire everything appropriately. The bypass kits work; I've installed probably several dozen of them (in the early 2010's). You risk having to mess with a ton of wiring, but if that's easier than spending the money, and you have the skill, you could do it that way. I'd unplug the amp first, make sure it doesn't mess anything else up, and then start full removal.

You maybe could get a little nano-sized 4 channel and see if it would fit in the place of that factory amp to get more wattage to your doors. Maybe one like 40-50 watts per channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...