0 ohm load possible?

Wrong!
There is no resistance in absolute zero temperatures! they have been playing with this idea for sometime.
too bad you can't create absolute zero temperatures...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

falls under the same category...its a theoretical limit thats impossible to reach, but you can come close

just like approaching infinity, except its impossible to even get 'close' to that, but for usefull purposes we can use really big numbers instead

If you run 4 single vc 1 ohm subs in parallel you get a 0 ohm load?
seriously? You couldnt of made it a quad 1 ohm? lol

figure this. 2 quad 1 ohm woofers would be 1/8 ohm. 4 would be a 1/16 ohm. I cant remember what ohm you would have to be at to have a dead short but i know its very very low

seriously? You couldnt of made it a quad 1 ohm? lolfigure this. 2 quad 1 ohm woofers would be 1/8 ohm. 4 would be a 1/16 ohm. I cant remember what ohm you would have to be at to have a dead short but i know its very very low
eventually your wire has more resisitance than the sub

For all intensive purposes a dead short is assumed to be no resistance.
The phrase is "for all intents and purposes".

"For all intensive purposes" is a malapropism.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

The phrase is "for all intents and purposes".
"For all intensive purposes" is a malapropism.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.
Interesting... Thanks for correcting me. Never knew that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

too bad you can't create absolute zero temperatures...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
falls under the same category...its a theoretical limit thats impossible to reach, but you can come close

just like approaching infinity, except its impossible to even get 'close' to that, but for usefull purposes we can use really big numbers instead

There is nothing theoretical about zero Kelvin; and it is not impossible to reach...

FYI RE_XXX, copper has no critical temperature and even at zero kelvin it will not behave as a superconductor...

There is nothing theoretical about zero Kelvin; and it is not impossible to reach...

FYI RE_XXX, copper has no critical temperature and even at zero kelvin it will not behave as a superconductor...

Even if you could reach absolute 0, electrons would not flow at that temperature......AKA no current flow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.