ᚠᚢᚲᚴ ᛁᛏ

Participant count
  • Participants list
I've had a few set ups in my 33 years of driving but this will be technically my first propper build. I hate the amount of space I'm giving up. Hopefully I won't regret this.😄

Had planned on laser engraving my lexan window but my bro couldn't figure out how to engrave it. He said the laser just travels through the glass. He tried taping the bottom and that didn't.work either so if anyone has any input on that?

Thanks for looking.
Which way will your port face? Sorry if you already stated and I didn’t catch that.

27” clearance? The boxes I’ve built in my truck had about 4-7” clearance from port to door. Always tried to give the port a wall to load off of. Not sure how necessary that is though. With my current box I’m building, my subs are downfiring and my port foward toward the dash. Definitely ready to see how this setup will sound.

I was going to fire the port off drivers door but when I got my cardboard mock up in there, I realized I was between 2''-4'' clearance due to the armrest and storage in the door plastic.

I'm sitting here thinking every ported box that was in one of my trucks has had both port and sub both firing forward or up so this will be new for me.

It would be difficult to compare at the end because I've never had a sub with and running off this much power.
I've never built a ported box to the specs that actually work best for it vs the ''manufacturer suggested'' specs.
This will also be my first ported box with very precise cuts that line up perfectly thanks to a bro who is a wood worker helping me out. I can do most things with my hands but plumbing and woodwork are definitely my weak points.

With all that said, this thing may sound better than anything I've had ported no matter what way I flip the box.😄
It’s all trial and error man. This will be maybe the 8th box I’ve built for this truck. Hope this one will be my last.

I was going to fire the port off drivers door but when I got my cardboard mock up in there, I realized I was between 2''-4'' clearance due to the armrest and storage in the door plastic.

I'm sitting here thinking every ported box that was in one of my trucks has had both port and sub both firing forward or up so this will be new for me.

It would be difficult to compare at the end because I've never had a sub with and running off this much power.
I've never built a ported box to the specs that actually work best for it vs the ''manufacturer suggested'' specs.
This will also be my first ported box with very precise cuts that line up perfectly thanks to a bro who is a wood worker helping me out. I can do most things with my hands but plumbing and woodwork are definitely my weak points.

With all that said, this thing may sound better than anything I've had ported no matter what way I flip the box.😄
My xfl 10 was satisfying. It was facing foward between the seats. I got rid of it and went with 8’s to incorporate some cup holders and armrest with this new box. My 8’s are impressive as well.

My progress is slow as I try to be a responsive adult and prioritize finishing the kitchen remodel but I'm sneaking in a little box fab inbetween. My wonderful wife has been very tolerant as I even temporarily used our living room as a workshop.

This window brace was a first for me. After cutting with the jig saw I tried a couple attachments for the drill and dermal but in the end, some industrial course stair tread tape I had laying around on a stick worked out best.

Hard to paint when it's 10° and very windy but I did manage to get some primer on it although I got sloppy trying to load it up before freezing.

Looking good!

Was making good progress until I went to drill the acrylic. I've never worked with it before. It's cast and 1/2'' thick. Drill was cutting through it like butter. Almost said screw the window cause I worried about getting a decent looking cutout for it. Went ahead and got a half way decent cut with the jigsaw then my day came.crashing down while I was drilling the acrylic.

Were you drilling it on a completely flat and supported surface like a solid piece of ply under it? I think those should probably be drilled at low speed. I would think cold weather might make it more brittle. I could be wrong.

I had it on the skillsaw table but hanging off about 1.5'' to clear the bit. I drilled on high unfortunately. How easily it snapped has me concerned if it can handle the pressure from the sub. I've got a replacement piece coming. I'll do low speed and 100% support on that one. Thanks for the tip. 👍

Do you also have the countersink bit and weather stripping? And don't install over carpet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ᛒᛚᚨᛞᛖ

CarAudio.com Recruit
ᛒᛚᚨᛞᛖ
SE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views