Wiring, Electrical & Installation

Post and discuss your car audio wiring, equipment installation and electrical questions here.
im pretty sure the recommendations on your spec. sheet already take into account the voume of the driver. most 10" drivers are only about .1 Ft^3...
LOL. 24 cds is a bit much. So I just take my deck out, unlug the RF cable and plug the new changer in? So does that mean I have to run at least...
good for you, i like to hear about and/or see people satisfied with their stuff, not that you'd be jealous of my $h!t!!! lol:laugh:
i hate it when these guys dont reply... lazy bastards!!!! im also waiting,,, sorry i cant help you out!
if Goddyd4me is correct then yes it will hurt your car or better yet your clutch. prob. just the shift plate but the gears will be hurt as well
go to radio shack and get a pair of "y" connectors. it will have 1 female that splits into to male rca connectors
Use the amp to power them and get rid of anything that was attached to the bose speakers. I got the same car, spent a lot of time installing a...
Hello ! I've just bought myself a 4x200w Boss amp, R. F. 5,25" frontset speakers and a 15" sub. The only problem is that I dont know much about...
iight here you go mang,,,, ya gotta read like a mofo http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm
alright i'll be available around 10 pm tonight thats when i get off work, i'll be on aol instant messanger i have you on my buddy list and my name...
power range 50-300 watts RMS peak power handling 900 watts a jbl 600.1 or a 1200.1 would push them nicely. (if there is such a thing.. sony)
I need some help from all you guys on wiring up a system. So I need help with running the wire to all my components and deck etc. Heres my system...
Pop ur hood, and look all around the firewall for a hole that u can run ur wire through. There should be plenty of holes.
you could wire two of them + to + and - to - do the same thing for the other two and put one set of two on each channel:)
One more thing. Which detailing shop did this? If it is Oasis I know the managers of two of their locations and can speak with them. If it was any...
I do not see this as being worth your time at all. It may have been a good booster for the factory system but it was designed specifically for...
If you have the space and I believe you may I say build one enclosure to attach to the underside of he rear deck and separate each sub. You can...
Actually Bean I am going to agree with you here. Integrating into the factory system is a difficult task and you run the risk of doing a LOT of...
Yes you can hook it up, However it requires a LOT of re-wiring and a very good knowledge of electronic schematics and you will very likely NOT be...
Bean is right....what is the vehicle BTW?
Superwood? Never heard o fit, but sounds like it costs more than its worth. MDF is more than sufficient for about any enclosure.
Could be something small you overlooked when you had it all wired already and were going over it. Hope it is doing ok now if you have it all back in.
hi, please can someone help me with the dimentions of my 2 KFC-W3002 Kenwood subs? i need D1, D2, H and W. i want each sub in a sperate, ported...
ok thanx i will check that
Well, if you haven't bought your amp yet, if you are running dual voice coil subs, make **** sure you buy a powerful amp. If you don't push...
Did we start up amateur hour? No it is not a good thing for your sound to be heard mostly outside of your vehicle. That means all of the money...
ill burn another copy tomorrow to see whats up. i haven't had a chance yet with school and all, but thanks for the advice. ill be back if it...
usually on he firewall next to the stering column there is a large wire harness. If so, you could run it in there.
its ohms and how many subs are you wanting to get and are they dvc or svc?
Sounds right. 16 gauge wire will work fine. 12 -10 is better. Anything between the amp and the speaker will reduce the damping factor. So...
yes it will be a 4ohm load on the amp
a how much u want for that cap. what name brand is it. i herd it realy doensent matter anyways. give me a good price because i can get them for...
For sure man I will have to drag my ass up to Brainerd for that USAC gig. I used to run USAC from 95-97 down south so I know it a bit better than...
Sounds not too shabby. I was just suggesting not to use a 4 channel amp set up if he was looking to go into a more serious end system. I will...
According to that site they also have the Orion HCCA 2100G4 (tho I have not seen it on Orion' site) It is rated at 100watts by 2 channels but once...
Yeah, think I should get bigger wire then. Cuz I really don't want a massive fire in my trunk eventually spreading to my entire car thus blowing...
The 4 pairs of wires are for your speakers. Depending on where you mount the amp you will either need to extend them or better yet just run new...
ok ok, a better test would be to just use a freaking voltmeter i dont know if any voltmeters can react fast enough to register momentary voltage...
i must say, i dont know what crest factor is myself, but i gather from your description of it that its a parameter that relates average to peak...
If the 10w3s are dual 4 ohm, and you hook both the voice coils and speakers to the amp in paralell, your amp will see a 1 ohm load, more like .8...

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register below to post messages:

Already have an account? Log in below:

Wiring, Electrical & Installation

Post and discuss your car audio wiring, equipment installation and electrical questions here.

Views
63M

alternator amp amplifier battery electrical help pioneer subs subwoofer wiring
DD451980-D607-41AB-B69C-6745AAE4B848.jpeg

SlugButter

Mar 28, 2024
F98C6D78-7734-4659-9FCA-34969BDDC56A.jpeg

SlugButter

Mar 28, 2024

Latest topics

Top recent contributers