Head Units

Post head unit, car stereo and equalizer discussion topics here. The all important “brain” of any car audio system.
Got my Avic installed this weekend. Absolutely love it. Had someone else install it cause I didnt want to mess with the speed sensor, etc...
Get the Pioneer, Alpine, or Clarion
The Alpine 9831 is agreat unit about 250 on ebay new
alpine rockford fosgate clarion
Thats what you get for buying an Eclipse deck Maybe try new cd-rs? I know that when I tried burning MP3s on my cheap GQ cds it would just mix up...
i use to have a 750 which is last years version of the 760 and went to the 8600 and i'm glad i did it. you go from like a 3 band eq to a 13 band...
LOL well no thats not my main reason for buying it. Just playing around. IT WAS A JOKE! But I mean I would choose performance over looks anytime...
heres the one i got. 260 shipped with all the free goodies (install kit\warranty\free cd holder\instructions\techsupport)...
I'm looking into buying the JVC KD-AR7000 Has anyone ever owned this or ownes this. Anything good or bad about it?
Does anyone know how to adjust the bass and tweater and adjust front and rear.
You have to be carefull with any moving face HU. dont fix it your self, as you will fail and have to pay more to fix. unless easy fix like cOla said.
Make sure you sub is hooked into your sub pre-out. Hold down the "audio" button to acces the filters. the sub should go from 20- 200hz and set...
Man i want this. I might just sell my cd player to get this one. 4.8 volts RMS output. But i bet is does not play CD-Rs.
he might not but i will....save your pennies!
**I havent rated my lanzar equipment, the subs etc.. but I havent put my two cents in about my Pioneer 4600: Simply .... AWSOME ! Nothing fancy...
it depends if you are going to use the internal amp of your hu. i'm not sure about your harness, but the power and ground wires are usually larger...
i took it apart and cleaned it tonight. Not hard at all. Just 3 screws and it all comes apart.
Just bought this HU off iceteebone, haven't received yet. Any opinions on this particular one? It's the one with the 5w tweet built in.
you only need that if u plan on using the internal amplifier. I turn the setting "power ic" off...this turns the internal amplifier off, which is...
thanks for the quick replies but you didn't answer any of my questions
ill check my manual for ya when i get home if noone comes up with an awnser. you can always try emailing alpine. http://www.alpine.com
Clarion DRZ9255 gets my vote for pure SQ
Use a wire harness, and do all your crimping or soldering outside the car. Don't cut out the factory plug, and don't attach the harness until all...
ok so in the mornings i've noticed that the display on my head unit will cut out, like i'll still hear music and everything will work, just no...
You only get something when several people "under" you pay money. Call it what you want, but it is a scam. There have been countless threads on...
I currently have a pioneer deh-p4400, with a pioneer direct tuner hooked up to it. I have been really enjoying the XM service, the selection, etc...
I am thinking about buying a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP. Whoever has this head unit, tell me your opinions on it. Good and bad. Also it would be cool...
I am looking for a new Head Unit and have money dont dont want to buy a HU that is unnecessarily good. My speakers will be driven by an external...
That's a good idea since I've seen some rather unkowledgable employees at RS. Panasonic CR2025 3V thanks Audiofanaticz, thanks for the link, I...
Does it still turn on when you start your car? Pull the HU out and check to make sure all wires are connected securly, make sure that no fuses are...
Very nice older clarion. I use to want one of them when i was 16, but didnt like the high price tag at the time working at a min. wage job.
Ask any forum member. You will get the same response, its not a oppion I have a Blaupunkt BPV 755, its for sale
just go on ebay and look for lower level pioneers or alpines
The 8132 was a very nice unit. Actually their top of the line for that series and a nice price at $500. The replacement for it is the...
No, that one doesnt apply to our cars with the auto climate control, only the manual. This one relocates the radio to the pocket below. Your...
I was actually doing them for $1550 installed. Plus tax of course. Although this was typically for a few select forums... Like posted above...

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register below to post messages:

Already have an account? Log in below:

Head Units

Post head unit, car stereo and equalizer discussion topics here. The all important “brain” of any car audio system.

Views
23.2M

alpine android bluetooth double din head unit head units headunit help kenwood pioneer
DD451980-D607-41AB-B69C-6745AAE4B848.jpeg

SlugButter

Mar 28, 2024
F98C6D78-7734-4659-9FCA-34969BDDC56A.jpeg

SlugButter

Mar 28, 2024

Latest topics

Top recent contributers