Enclosure Design & Construction

Post and discuss your box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.
Lol...who does that anymore? - Steve
I saw that my classical art picture didn't came out as well as i expected, but I hope you get the idea from the text. It's like a triangle without...
Crutchfield has aeroports I belive.
E-mail RE at tech@respl.com ....I'm sure they would be happy to help you. - Steve
never had a problem w/ him responding to pm's....
personally I would email RE because I emailed adire and they gave me all the stuff I needed. They also said that power has something to do with...
once you get it in there and et used to it you will want it to be louder at least thats how it was with me. The only way I would go with sealed...
Well My MA XE is better in the 2.0 instead of their 1.5 they reccomend for ported. A co-workers 2 IL's are in a 5.3 instead of a 4.0 vented and...
well seeing how I am from Oklahoma, I would use some southern engineering in this case...I would cut a 3 inch hole and see how it goes from there...
Let me be a little more specific. I'll start from the beginning. Equipment: Ford SVT Lightning (regular F150 cab) Two 10 " Diamond Audio CM3...
what would be the best box for 2 tempest 15' powerd by a 1500 watt amp
yes u would ramos...u cant help it....heh
A good tip here is no matter what tool you use, be it a router, jigsaw, rotozip or whatever, make sure that you buy carbide bits & blades...
Ported boxes are the same thing as sealed, but u either cut out a hole for a round port, and u make a slot port. U can carpet it, but i never do...
alright so I shouldnt use poly fill???...thanks alot man, hopefully this box hits nice and rattles my car a bit more
Anyone tried to make a box for 2 12's in a 1979 280zx? have any plans?
yeah thats why i said ...roughly... at the end of the paragaph.
what do you mean, will it just sound bad???
adire will give you spec sheets when you order. Even if you just email the techs there and ask they should answer that for you. ported or not...
ported, bandpass ****(trust me, i had one) unless the bandpass is spacifically made for your subs
Hey everybody, I'm gettin a pair of SE 12's this week and I'm still not sure whether I want a sealed or ported box. But anyways, I've been doin...
In general I would say go with the seperate chambers just because the calculations to figure out the port diminsions are extremely complicated...
Does ne1 know what would sound best, or if in enclosure box would work for a convertible? I'm lookin to take up less space and make it look nicer...
lik 2 cubic feet for ported each chamber and for sealed .72 - 1.63 for each chamber
Hmm, won't the silicone cause rust to the speaker brace? I know they SAY it's coated with a lot of stuff, but I accidentally dripped a wee-bit of...
Here's roughly what I have to go by Jmac... I only took a few pics. Since then I have sealed it with silicone and applied a coat of spray on...
how would a 2.5 in diameter and 4 inches long work with a single 12w3 in a 1.5 cubic feet box???
Go to http://www.rockfordfosgate.com it will tell u there
hey bumpin, how are your flowmasters? im thinking about getting a borle for my mustang... what do you think?
well I've decided that Im just gonna go with 2, just kind of mixed on what amp to get thinking about the RF 1500.1 DEI 1100D or the US AMPS...
hi i jus bought 2 12" z's ( i kno nuthin bling but i dont exactly have the $ since im still in high school) and i have a fairly large sized...
Geon you are correct.. GA yours is easier though.. The only problem with sites is that most of us work on the box designs when we are supposed to...
ok, 1-1.25 cu ft box, is this the volume when the box is empty, or do I have to make allowances for the space that the sub takes up when it is...
mine is currently in a 1.3 cu ft(hey, 25 bucks what can ya say). i absolutely hate it, horrible sq, horrible spl.
if you are talking about the fiberglass/bondo boxes that looks like parts of the car you can always make the plexiglass bigger than the whole glue...
hah Hey I like your thinking corsica, there are ways around everything
I usually always just use 3/4" and brace the box fairly well. If its a big box, like 5+cubes, then I just tend to spend the extra and use 1"...
ok, I want to build a box for the 2 brahma 15's I have on order over my thanksgiving break...I have made sealed boxes before but never ported, and...
http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm go there, read it, and you will soon know more than most of the people on this site

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register below to post messages:

Already have an account? Log in below:

Enclosure Design & Construction

Post and discuss your box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.

Views
37.1M

box box design enclosure enclosure design help kicker ported ported box subwoofer sundown
1000006564.jpg

Mr FaceCaser

Mar 28, 2024
1000006569.jpg

Mr FaceCaser

Mar 28, 2024

Latest topics

Top recent contributers