Enclosure Design & Construction

Post and discuss your box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.
brige the amp, and (im assuming this is a 3-chamber banpass box) reverse the polaritys of one of the subs to create the push-pull effect...
Yep...but they are perfectly fine if you build them properly and to specs. - Steve:)
ya take the top measurement and the bottom add them say 8 and 12 that be 20 divide by 2 so you get 10 then muliply that by height and width. after...
does your wrangler have removable backseats???? i have a friend that must made his box barley fit under the backseat(he had to remove the seat to...
anyone have any pic i can see??
Awww.... is it ok to just use that portrait looking brace? and if i had 1" MDF do you think bracing would even be necessary? Also, somone told me...
well i use win isd beta, will it work? i think it should. send me ur email and ill send it off k? thanks soo much p.s i will send two, the...
yea thats correct, the tailgate on the jeep isnt flat, so the only way it will close flush with the box is to bump the box in an inch in one...
Yea I have WinISD Pro. Just still tryin to get an understanding of it. That helps out a lot. I'll end up using 4 2" x 17" ports. Hopefully it...
Ahh, sounds like fun, thanks a lot for your help man, I'm gonna send you some x-mas cookies or somethin:D
hi, i am building a box for a single 12" sub and it ls gonna be ported. i was wonderin if i could build the vent around inside the box, like...
It might not work that great, I have pretty bad rattling in my truck, primarily from the hatch, and I turned my subs around and still rattled a...
i think.. it might be mdf, im not sure, ill have to ask
is there any way to possibly guesstimate resonance frequencys? cause i am building a new box soon and i would like to use this new piece of info.
Happens to the best of us....
No one gonna offer any info here? On if this box design is an issue? Maybe offer some suggestions on installation?
aww great thanks
i use 3/4" mdf with my 15" in a ported box and it does good. So i think i would use that size and u wont have to worry about anything
No problem man..I know what you mean...It gets frustrating sometimes!
Ask dreid(from this board) if would build you a box. If its not your price, just keep looking around. - Steve
Air leakage...from where the fiberglass/bondo are supposed to meet the wall of the trunk? Silicon would fix that(and anywhere else there are...
Well,I've spent all weekend at home, trying to design the enclosure and the slot port design looks pretty decent to me...so I'll go along with...
I wana do more SPL but how bad would it affect SQ if it was all out SPL?
Lamont..side a=3.6 b=4 then c^2=a^2 + b^2 C=5.38
I have the amp running at 8 ohm mono so Im ok. I cant remember what the program was. I fixed my trunk though and got it sealed even tighter almost...
I'm gonna use PVC piping to make my ports, and I was wondering if the flared ends do make that much of a difference? And where online can I find...
depends, go with sealed if you want a little cleaner sound...go with ported if you want it to be a little louder, but not sound quite as...
I have a box thats 2.5 cb ft. I was wondering if theres like a big grommet or somethin I could buy that would be able to hold in my 4" port. Its...
WinISD Beta 0.44... no idea.. got it from their site.. Does Pro do 6th order?
Ok, I'm gonna start building my enclosure in a few days, and I'm gonna go with a 4.5 cu ft. enclosure with 4- 3"x9.6" ports tuned to 35 Hz, should...
Yeah, but we get a pretty good discount on FedEx service here at work so it didn't hurt too bad to ship it back to them. They should have it...
me personally i'd ditch the bandpass box and get a sealed or ported....bandpass kinda **** unless designed for a specific sub......very poor freq...
i need some advise on building a box for my 77 firebird. the trunk is wide and deep enough but the height only 12 1/2 inches. i have two audiobahn...
hey jmac, i don't know if u remember, but you told me the L5's displacement in a box is 0.06 cu feet. are you sure about this? i was reading that...
im not sure that you can adjust the midbass crossover... is that possible?
It's called acoustic coupling. 3db gain for each sub added as long as they are close together.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register below to post messages:

Already have an account? Log in below:

Enclosure Design & Construction

Post and discuss your box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.

Views
37.1M

box box design enclosure enclosure design help kicker ported ported box subwoofer sundown
DD451980-D607-41AB-B69C-6745AAE4B848.jpeg

SlugButter

Mar 28, 2024
F98C6D78-7734-4659-9FCA-34969BDDC56A.jpeg

SlugButter

Mar 28, 2024

Latest topics

Top recent contributers