rca/speaker wire suggestions

Participant count
  • Participants list
HU is a 80prs in standard mode which will be feeding a jl hd 750/1 which is powering one idmax12 and a zapco 150.4 ll which will be powering image dynamics cxs64 components up front as well as image dynamics ctx69 coaxials in the rear. 

I appreciate any and all wiring or installation advice in addition to the aformentioned rca/speaker wire query :)

thanks so much!

I've had some Krystal 4 channel RCAs for like 8 years. I love them. I use the Krystal strapping cables too. The Karma RCAs are great. I've also had about 50' of their power wire as well. All good products.

The Karma SS speaker wire is massive though just to warn you. I had some of their 8 gauge. The kord is great wire though. Replaced all my POS sky high 12 gauge that corroded in the middle of the runs with Knu Kord 12 gauge and couldn't be happier with it. Just wish it wasn't blue only now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had some Krystal 4 channel RCAs for like 8 years. I love them. I use the Krystal strapping cables too. The Karma RCAs are great. I've also had about 50' of their power wire as well. All good products.

The Karma SS speaker wire is massive though just to warn you. I had some of their 8 gauge. The kord is great wire though. Replaced all my POS sky high 12 gauge that corroded in the middle of the runs with Knu Kord 12 gauge and couldn't be happier with it. Just wish it wasn't blue only now.
So you would recommend just going with some 12 ga kord speaker wire and krystal rcas across the board or should i try and figure out the stock issue with the ss 12 ga/go to another vendor for higher tier speaker wire than the kord?

So you would recommend just going with some 12 ga kord speaker wire and krystal rcas across the board or should i try and figure out the stock issue with the ss 12 ga/go to another vendor for higher tier speaker wire than the kord?
The Karma SS wire looks cool but thats about it honestly. The kord wire is OFC and what I would buy myself. Stinger is stupid expensive for the same wire, SHCA is garbage. Most other companies OFC wire will be more money than KNU with no benefits. 

The Karma SS wire looks cool but thats about it honestly. The kord wire is OFC and what I would buy myself. Stinger is stupid expensive for the same wire, SHCA is garbage. Most other companies OFC wire will be more money than KNU with no benefits. 

Gotcha. I was under the impression that the ss wire was tinned and therefore better in some regard. I guess that doesn't actually make a difference?

Why is your HU in standard more? So much more features in Network mode.....opens up more choices.

I use Knu also myself, Royal Excelene, Rhyno wiring, Knu has some nice flexable speaker wire, 12 gauge I also used. 

Why is your HU in standard more? So much more features in Network mode.....opens up more choices.

I use Knu also myself, Royal Excelene, Rhyno wiring, Knu has some nice flexable speaker wire, 12 gauge I also used. 
I'll probably end up going active to see what it's like down the road, but i have people in the back seat a lot when i'm going out or ubering for fun. I was under the impression that if i go active there will be no way for my rear deck to be a part of that and i wanted them to have some level of decent sound back there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.